Welcome to TheSmackDownHotel.com Forum
STOP! It looks like you are not currently registered at TheSmackDownHotel.com!
Register now FOR FREE to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute freely to message discussions and create your own, get your own private messenger, manage your profile, use the search system and so much more.
Be the first to be informed and to comment about the latest on the wrestling videogames world and share your creations with the community by registering at SDH!
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

New Member Notice

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 120 days old. Post only if you have something relevant to add to the discussion.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Sir Vee Wells

Sir Vee Wells

What do I even put here?

• 4,614 posts
  • Joined 11-May 10

Awards:

I think we should have some type of notice at the top of the forum for newly registered members who have no idea what to do when they first register here. Here's an example of what I mean.

Hey there! It looks like you're a new member here on The Smackdown Hotel forum, Home of WWE Games & more. If you don't know where to start here are a few suggestions to lead you into the right direction to get going.

• First things first! If you have not introduced yourself to everyone you can do so in our Member Announcements forum. Take a minute to explain a bit about yourself and who you are that way members know what you're about.
  • Do you like making graphics? Check out our weekly Signature of the Week competition. One of our most featured and popular activities here.
  • The board rules of the forum are located here. They are expected to be read and understood so please make sure you do so. That way you do not get yourself into trouble here.
The Smackdown Hotel forum has a lot to offer you. If there are any questions you need answers to feel free to ask around as we are a friendly group of individuals. We hope you enjoy your stay.

Thoughts?

OFFLINE   BrokenDreams23

BrokenDreams23

Main Eventer

• 4,112 posts
  • Joined 18-October 11

Awards:

Seems like a cool idea :) 

OFFLINE   Coltrane

Coltrane

Headless Hero of the Apocalypse

• Supporter
  • 2,133 posts
  • Joined 27-July 12

Awards:

I like it very much, Vee. :)

OFFLINE   MysticDante

MysticDante

• VIP
  • 7,757 posts
  • Joined 03-July 10
  • MisticoDant3

Awards:

I thought this was implemented, but if it isn't then it should be, it would be very helpful to members that don't skip everything :yes:

OFFLINE   ScHoolboy MOB

ScHoolboy MOB

All Hands On Deck

• Supporter
  • 2,372 posts
  • Joined 09-February 13

Awards:

I'm down with that, Vee.

OFFLINE   ChristopherIcon

ChristopherIcon

You done messed up A-A Ron!!

• Supporter
  • 3,625 posts
  • Joined 11-August 10

Awards:

I'm all for that Vee. It'll be a nice little helper for them to ease their way into the Hotel's activities and operations.

OFFLINE   Alex

Alex

• 7,928 posts
  • Joined 17-August 10

Awards:

That's a damn good idea indeed, should be put into practice in my opinion.

OFFLINE   Captain Crazy

Captain Crazy

Hi. Goodbye.

• Supporter
  • 2,341 posts
  • Joined 22-February 13

Awards:

Pretty cool idea. :)

OFFLINE   ExT3RmiN4L

ExT3RmiN4L

I have my vision

• 2,082 posts
  • Joined 06-November 12
  • ext3rmin4l

Awards:

I like it! Cool idea.

OFFLINE   FREEKILL720

FREEKILL720

SDHs No.1 Shady Fan

• 3,208 posts
  • Joined 28-May 13

Awards:

I'm all for that Vee. It'll be a nice little helper for them to ease their way into the Hotel's activities and operations.

OFFLINE   Dazman™

Dazman™

The Daz Factor Of SDH

• Supporter
  • 8,595 posts
  • Joined 10-May 10

Awards:

Sounds good but maybe give the members a choice to skip this feature as well, I mean you don't want it to come across like your pushing them into visiting those sections and it would be a good thing to find their own way around the forum but other than that it's a nice idea.

OFFLINE   TheBoy

TheBoy

You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet

• Administrator
  • 7,330 posts
  • Joined 02-August 10

Awards:

great idea.

OFFLINE   Randy Radwool

Randy Radwool

Anything is possible

• Supporter
  • 10,686 posts
  • Joined 05-August 10

Awards:

This is dumb. Feel bad about it! ;) yeah its smart. You covered key things. I like it Vernon. How does it get added? Can we start like a automatic new member message for their inbox?

OFFLINE   Raul Marian

Raul Marian

The Crazy Boy

• Supporter
  • 12,764 posts
  • Joined 30-November 10

Awards:

That's a really great idea. We should have it since not many members who register for the first time have an idea about the forum. :D

OFFLINE   Sheamus

Sheamus

#Thankyou

• Supporter
  • 5,997 posts
  • Joined 14-August 11

Awards:

Great idea Vee.

OFFLINE   Andy Badwool

Andy Badwool

Best In The World

• Owner
  • 3,049 posts
  • Joined 02-May 10

Awards:

It's a good idea - however how should that work? Should the notice be displayed for a certain amount of time, or until the user reaches a certain amount of posts? For this second option, we'd need to create a new user group called for example  "New member" for members under a certain amount of posts and trigger the notice only for this group.

OFFLINE   Wpr96

Wpr96

Supreme.

• VIP
  • 16,238 posts
  • Joined 16-July 10

Awards:

I think it should be until the user reaches at least 30 posts. I don't think that's too much or too little

OFFLINE   HeartBreakKid

HeartBreakKid

Superstar

• VIP
  • 1,880 posts
  • Joined 06-May 11

Awards:

This is a good idea, it was recommended before as well by someone but I don't remember by whom nor the details. :xd:

Anyway, like Loves2Spoon has already said, what about members getting automatically messaged? Would it be actually possible that once, like Andy Badwool said, once they reach a certain number of posts, the message is actually sent? Or would they be automatically be sent the message on registration. I believe that either a notice or a message should be given upon registration, which is because by the time a member would have reached a certain post-count e.g. the one suggested by Wpr96, 30, wouldn't they have already understood the sections and how most things work?

OFFLINE   Andy Badwool

Andy Badwool

Best In The World

• Owner
  • 3,049 posts
  • Joined 02-May 10

Awards:

Yes, maybe a personal message would be better and probably easier. We'll evaluate this :)

OFFLINE   Lyriqz

Lyriqz

Paige's Lover

• 3,624 posts
  • Joined 16-February 13

Awards:

Yes, maybe a personal message would be better and probably easier. We'll evaluate this :)

That's actually what a lot of forums do. Usually a good thing :)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 120 days old. Post only if you have something relevant to add to the discussion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users