Photo

Vince Russo Responds to Claims He Tried to Sabotage TNA’s Relationship With Pop TV & Will Ospreay Lied To TNA About Being Under Contract

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

OFFLINE   BombCentralGaming

BombCentralGaming

Main Eventer

• Supporter
  • 4,313 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

http://411mania.com/...ip-with-pop-tv/

http://whatculture.c...-under-contract

Vince Russo published a new blog at RussoBrand.com, where he explains his relationship toward the end of his tenure in TNA and then working with them as a consultant and his contact with Pop TV, which he discussed on a podcast with Disco Inferno. Below is an excerpt from the blog:

I got the idea to freelance for POPTV from a friend who did the same consulting work for USA Network for years. This individual would watch RAW on a weekly basis, send a report to USA with his thoughts, and USA would use that information any way they saw fit. I always thought this was very valuable to USA. Get a third-party with experience to look at RAW, so they could get another perspective different from that of Vince McMahon’s. That relationship seemed like a win-win for both USA and the consultant.

So, it was 18 months prior, that TNA informed me they “no longer wanted to use my consulting services”, because the lie they were perpetrating—and forcing me to tell–about me NOT consulting for them–found its way out of the bag as most lies usually do. At that point—my working relationship with TNA was OFFICIALLY OVER. Meaning, I was free and clear to take my consulting services elsewhere. An entire year and a half had passed before I was in contact with POPTV. And, keep in mind, I only contacted them because I thought my expertise could have been valuable to them—based on the ratings they were pulling in at the time (and still today).

So what happens? In a jokingly manner, upon hearing the news, Disco [Inferno] said–sarcastically, “So let me get this straight—you went BEHIND TNA’s back and went to POPTV in an effort to SABOTAGE TNA.” The entire time Glenn was laughing. Less than a handful of hours later—Glenn’s words of sarcasm were used as a SERIOUS HEADLINE on various IWC websites, who—by the way—hate my guts, much having to do with–“How the hell can Vince Russo still be relevant in the wrestling business for 25 years—while we never spent a day working for a legitimate wrestling company”. Honestly—at first I thought it was a joke. Think of the logic of all this. Think of the idea of me selling my services to be PAID by POPTV, with the “real”intention of “Sabotaging” TNA in order for POPTV to DROP THEM—which would mean that I NO LONGER have a job as a paid consultant. Do you see the total insanity in that? From a business standpoint—that notion is absolutely ludicrous.

Some were even going as far as to say—“Vince, you owe Dixie Carter an apology”. Let’s break that down–shall we. I owe an apology to a woman who asked me to lie, then severed our relationship when that lie was exposed, because ONE YEAR AND A HALF LATER I brought my consulting services to a TV Network that was now in the wrestling business? What am I apologizing for? I should have asked Dixie’s permission, to go and consult with POPTV 18 months after she no longer wanted to use me? That is freakin’ absurd. If I’m a consultant for a sports team, say the Mets, the Mets decide that they no longer want my consulting services, 18 months later I go to the Yankees and offer those same services—I have to let the Mets know first? That is absolutely asinine. Then people wonder why I have issues with the IWC.

When an available talent doesn’t want to work for a wrestling company with a worldwide television show, that’s a pretty telling sign.

Indie standout Will Ospreay was recently interviewed by The Wrestling Compadres Slamcast, and admitted that he lied to TNA management saying he was about to sign with New Japan, so he was unavailable to work any more of their future shows.

Ospreay did eventually sign with NJPW, but he didn’t know that at the time. He claimed that he only wanted to work in Wembley Stadium, which TNA visited for their UK tour. Ospreay battled Mandrews in a losing effort, and he left satisfied with the experience, but also seems happy that he didn’t sign on with them for more.

Here is a part of a transcription from Wrestling Inc:

"I just did not want to be with TNA because for me, personally, especially with the recent, video that the Hardys released. It's not me shooting, but I just don't like it. I think it was so bad."

Hard to argue with him there. He also revealed a bit of scary news, when he said that his body is starting to give up on him. He’s only 23-years-old. Ospreay has an incredibly bright future ahead of him, and he’s proved he can create a buzz, as his match against Ricochet was one of the recent talks of the wrestling world. Hopefully he can slow down a bit to enjoy a lengthy career.

It’s too bad that TNA has sunk to this point, as Ospreay in the X-Division against the likes of Trevor Lee and Eddie Edwards could provide some great matches. You can’t really blame him, though, as the company has done a terrible job of featuring their once mighty division.

Hopefully this is some sort of wake up call to management that massive changes are still needed to entice top indie talent to sign on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users