14 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Noob Saibot

Noob Saibot

ChampOwensChamp

• Hall of Fame
  • 14,518 posts

Awards:

Users Awards
With MyCareer being exclusive to next-gen versions of WWE 2K15, we (the design team) were tasked with creating a mode that would only be made available on current-gen systems. With our creative juices flowing, just about everyone on the team immediately thought of NXT. We hadn’t developed a firm idea or concept regarding NXT; we only knew we wanted to incorporate NXT in our eventual idea. When the reality show aspects of NXT were dropped and NXT became its own brand, folks on the development team started to take notice. Within a matter of months, NXT became the show to watch. How could we not include this awesome corner of the WWE Universe in WWE 2K15?  

To check the full article , click here.

OFFLINE   Auday Alyafi™

Auday Alyafi™

Jobber

• 173 posts
I am too lazy to read that on my small mobile device screen, is it also for next gen?

OFFLINE   Lyriqz

Lyriqz

Pricefield trash

• 4,392 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

Current gen is PS4 and Xbox 1, what retard wrote this? And in what universe does it make sense to put NXT, the future of WWE, on the old consoles? Shouldn't it be a story of some legends or whatever?

silly 2K

OFFLINE   ext3rmin4l

ext3rmin4l

• 2,559 posts
  • ext3rmin4l

Awards:

Users Awards

I am too lazy to read that on my small mobile device screen, is it also for next gen?

Only for old-gen!

OFFLINE   C1ANK1LLAMAN1A

C1ANK1LLAMAN1A

Jobber

• 219 posts

Current gen is PS4 and Xbox 1, what retard wrote this? And in what universe does it make sense to put NXT, the future of WWE, on the old consoles? Shouldn't it be a story of some legends or whatever?

silly 2K

I still call PS4 and Xbox 1 next gen because most people are still on the ps3 and 360. When most people have switched over to the latest consoles that is when I will start calling it 'Current Gen' until then for me at least it's next gen.

OFFLINE   Noob Saibot

Noob Saibot

ChampOwensChamp

• Hall of Fame
  • 14,518 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

Sounds ok , but kinda short . Doesn't have the feeling of a big thing , but could be fun .

silly 2K

I still call PS4 and Xbox 1 next gen because most people are still on the ps3 and 360. When most people have switched over to the latest consoles that is when I will start calling it 'Current Gen' until then for me at least it's next gen.

When their best game isn't a remake of a game of PS3/Xbox 360 , it will be worth it ...

OFFLINE   KingSchizo

KingSchizo

Jody Highroller

• 2,675 posts

Well it's cool they gave the PS3/360 users something we won't get on PS4 and Xbox One. I'll be enjoying MyCareer happily however. As from what I read doesn't seem all that special. 

OFFLINE   SilverBullet1929

SilverBullet1929

Undercard

• 373 posts

silly 2K

Next gen gets My Career over this mini-mode and still finds a way to complain.

Edited by SilverBullet1929, 24 October 2014 - 09:15 PM.

OFFLINE   Lyriqz

Lyriqz

Pricefield trash

• 4,392 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

silly 2K

Good for you, you're wrong though. :up:

silly 2K

I said it doesn't make sense. I couldn't care less about last gen as long as their "exclusive" mode doesn't actually take any effort away from the current gen games. It's just a dumb decision. Or a dumb thought process, at least.

OFFLINE   Robstar_97

Robstar_97

Undercard

• 395 posts
Really not botherd about missing this mode sounds very lacklustre although defeat the john cena does make laugh since months ago me and some friends were joking about them doing this can't believe they have acctually done it, also it looks exactly the same as 2k14 they haven't even botherd to update the ref for current gen oh well at least they were given somehing

SilverBullet1929

Undercard

• 373 posts

silly 2K

Good for you, you're wrong though. :up:

silly 2K

I said it doesn't make sense. I couldn't care less about last gen as long as their "exclusive" mode doesn't actually take any effort away from the current gen games. It's just a dumb decision. Or a dumb thought process, at least.
What's dumb about it? I figured its at the least a nice effort for them to realize last gen is gonna be subar compared to next gen so they're giving something for those gamers to enjoy. I don't see the problem.

Edited by SilverBullet1929, 24 October 2014 - 10:30 PM.

SilverBullet1929

Undercard

• 373 posts
Anyways a few thoughts on the mode... Seems like a fun addition but I doubt it'll have much replay value. The five chapters are nice but short. As for the Cena part I enjoyed last year's Streak mode yet didn't play it often and I imagine I'll play even less with Cena as the target. Maybe it'd have been nice to have a few options to choose from there. I could see Hhh, The Rock, Austin, Lesnar, Hogan, Michaels, and even Undertaker in a non Wrestle Mania event as great options to choose from instead of , or at least alongside Cena.

Also, in a good way, I can see a little combination of a few previous story driven modes in play here. I can see a little bit of Road to WrestleMania, a little of 30 Yrs of WrestleMania, of course some Defeat the Streak, and even a bit of My Career mode all blending together here. I like the thought even without the depth. I can understand this as just being a little something extra and you can't go wrong with spotlighting the NXT roster so I can accept this.

Edited by SilverBullet1929, 24 October 2014 - 11:19 PM.

OFFLINE   TheBoy

TheBoy

Valar Morghulis

• 8,222 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

Only last gen gets the Arrival arena. What the heck :(

SilverBullet1929

Undercard

• 373 posts

It's the NXT Arena with different ring aprons, barricades, and other banner type stuff. No biggie.

OFFLINE   TheBoy

TheBoy

Valar Morghulis

• 8,222 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

It's the NXT Arena with different ring aprons, barricades, and other banner type stuff. No biggie.

I know but still.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NEWS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users