24 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   ĐopeIntentions

ĐopeIntentions

- AZH -

• Supporter
  • 9,408 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

Just wondering who the SDH thought was the greatest knockouts ever. Trish obviously gets the most views as the greatest diva of all time but who is the greatest knockout?

Champions:

• Gail Kim
  • Awesome Kong
  • Taylor Wilde
  • Angelina Love
  • Tara
  • ODB
  • Madison Rayne
  • Mickie James
  • Winter
  • Velvet Sky
  • Miss Tessmacher

Knockouts:

• Daizee Haze
  • Lacy Von Erich
  • Trinity
  • Alissa Flash
  • Jackie Moore
  • Rhaka Kahn
  • Christy Hemme
  • Rosie Lottalove
  • Sarita
  • Rosita
  • Traci Brooks
  • Sojo Bolt
  • Salinas
  • Roxxi
  • Hamada
  • April Hunter
  • Peyton Banks
  • Desire
  • Daffney

OFFLINE   CM Pier

CM Pier

Straight Edge SDH Supporter

• Supporter
  • 8,517 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

I think Velvet Sky is up there ;)

OFFLINE   Lyriqz

Lyriqz

Pricefield trash

• 4,392 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

Either Gail Kim or Velvet Sky. Gail was the first KO Champion, and just puts on great matches and segments, every time she is on. Velvet on the other hand, isn't as good in the ring, but not horrible, she has a nice little movese, but she's basically TNA's Trish. She has the looks, the fanbase, the charisma. She just connects with the crowd and her BP stuff was great. One of those two for sure.

OFFLINE   ObsessedW/divas

ObsessedW/divas

Undercard

• 468 posts

I would have to say Angelina Love.....I loved her in her BP role but I also loved her when she was out to get the BP. She was really solid in the ring and on the mic. Despite how tiny she was she looked like she could really kick your a$$ if you messed with her.

OFFLINE   metallon

metallon

Superstar

• 1,413 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

Maybe Velvet Sky, cause she was the one who was there all the time. Also Angelina Love or Mickie James would place high in the running.

OFFLINE   Loves2Spoon

Loves2Spoon

I have Acknowledged

• Supporter
  • 11,934 posts

Awards:

Users Awards
Mickey James :P

OFFLINE   The 10th Doctor

The 10th Doctor

SDH's Resident Gallifreyan Time Lord

• 2,912 posts

Mickie James. Lacy Von Erich was the worst Knockout ever and an embaressment to the Von Erich family. she was TNA's Alicia fox botching all over the place

OFFLINE   Jersey

Jersey

World Champion

• 9,330 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

Never watched tna but from what I heard I'll say Velvet Sky

OFFLINE   Dozer

Dozer

Main Eventer

• Hall of Fame
  • 4,213 posts

Awards:

Users Awards
Alissa Flash/Cheerleader Melissa had and still has lots of potential. She is pretty underrated.

Sarita also is one I loved watching. Also I liked Sarita and Rosita tag team even though Rosita jobbed all the time and TNA didn't know how to use her well.

Velvet Sky is beautiful and that's it. Wrestling skills okay, could be worse. Couldn't be greatest of all time.

I have to say Gail Kim. She really is into wrestling and still has potential and good wrestling skills.

OFFLINE   BakaOtaku

BakaOtaku

Backyard Wrestler

• 36 posts

Gail Kim or Madison Rayne

OFFLINE   Dazman™

Dazman™

"The Daz Factor Of SDH"

• Supporter
  • 9,444 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

Angelina Love or Velvet Sky.

OFFLINE   Noob Saibot

Noob Saibot

ChampOwensChamp

• Hall of Fame
  • 14,518 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

Gail Kim followed by Awesome Kong . I just feel like Love got more reigns than deserved .

OFFLINE   L-DOPA

L-DOPA

Midcarder

• 986 posts

People are actually saying Velvet Sky? Are you kidding me? She's absolutely terrible. Really bad worker, cannot act, cannot play a babyface to save her life and cannot cut a promo as a face whatsoever. She is not a believable hero whatsoever. As a heel she's tolerable because it comes more natural to her because she does come across like a bitch. She had a decent hateable character and could cut a promo within the confides of it. But other than that, she's terrible at nearly everything. She got ahead because of her looks which is extremely obvious.

The actual best KO's of all time in my opinion:

Gail Kim: THE BEST. This girl can work with anyone, has tremendous matches. Equally as good as a heel and face shown by her work with Kong as the underdog hero and against Taryn Terrell as the veteran taking liberties with people. Very good promo cutting, has a really good character right now and is always entertaining as hell. She is also not afraid to put anyone over, absolute professional as shown several times this year. Generally LOVES THIS BUSINESS unlike some who are there because they want to be famous *cough* VELVET *cough*. Love this woman.

Awesome Kong: This is one badass chick right here. Didn't get ahead because of looks obviously but super scary. GREAT look, tremendous intimidating presence. Great worker, one of the best female workers in the world. Fantastic as a monster heel especially. Could have easily been a top player for the WWE divas if it weren't for unfortunate circumstances.

Mickie James: Everyone knows how good this woman is. I shouldn't need to explain. Once again, tremendous worker. Really good promo girl, is very versatile and flexible as shown by her gimmick and character work. Can play a face and heel really well (especially heel). Without a doubt one of the best ever let alone in TNA.

Hamada: Most underrated. Unbelievable worker right here. Without a doubt, one of if not the absolute best in the world. That alone gets her a spot here.

There are some other good ones like Tara, Daffney, ODB (before she got the comedy gimmick) and Roxxi who just miss out for me.

OFFLINE   Andy

Andy

The Softcore Icon

• 637 posts

Awesome Kong: She has a brilliant moveset for a women's wrestler in TNA/WWE (Now before you say I'm sexist that's not it, alot of them used slaps and use speed-based mvoes) She used a chokeslam, powerbomb, diving splash and ALOT of power-based moves and she was really dominant when she was in TNA, which was brilliant. If she ever comes back to the WWE, she needs to come back and be heel, not turn face just because of the pregnancy 'angle' before she left.

OFFLINE   Lyriqz

Lyriqz

Pricefield trash

• 4,392 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

People are actually saying Velvet Sky? Are you kidding me? She's absolutely terrible. Really bad worker, cannot act, cannot play a babyface to save her life and cannot cut a promo as a face whatsoever. She is not a believable hero whatsoever. As a heel she's tolerable because it comes more natural to her because she does come across like a bitch. She had a decent hateable character and could cut a promo within the confides of it. But other than that, she's terrible at nearly everything. She got ahead because of her looks which is extremely obvious.

That's why she is getting the reaction she's getting, right? She's good enough in the ring to be tolarable, she's extremely charismatic and can somewhat talk. Plus, she's the face of the KO division. She's kind of the Trish Stratus of TNA in my opinion. This asked for the greatest Knockout, not the best female ring worker or even whole package in terms of pure ability. Hogan's one of the greatest WWE guys ever, though he isn't good in the ring etc. ;)

OFFLINE   L-DOPA

L-DOPA

Midcarder

• 986 posts

That's why she is getting the reaction she's getting, right? She's good enough in the ring to be tolarable, she's extremely charismatic and can somewhat talk. Plus, she's the face of the KO division. She's kind of the Trish Stratus of TNA in my opinion. This asked for the greatest Knockout, not the best female ring worker or even whole package in terms of pure ability. Hogan's one of the greatest WWE guys ever, though he isn't good in the ring etc. ;)

She gets that reaction because of her looks and because of how TNA have marketed and pushed her. She appeals to the adolescent teen male/young adult demographic of the audience. TNA knows that and exploited it. She got pushed and got ahead because of her looks. Not because she is a talented worker or performer.

Edited by Crusade, 21 September 2013 - 12:38 AM.

OFFLINE   Lyriqz

Lyriqz

Pricefield trash

• 4,392 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

She gets that reaction because of her looks and because of how TNA have marketed and pushed her. She appeals to the adolescent teen male/young adult demographic of the audience. TNA knows that and exploited it. She got pushed and got ahead because of her looks. Not because she is a talented worker or performer.

Oh yeah, sure, but she remains here 'cause she is charismatic. I mean, have you seen the reactions other woman got, that were equally as hot? They weren't necessarily louder. She does have charisma man. :)

OFFLINE   L-DOPA

L-DOPA

Midcarder

• 986 posts

Oh yeah, sure, but she remains here 'cause she is charismatic. I mean, have you seen the reactions other woman got, that were equally as hot? They weren't necessarily louder. She does have charisma man. :)

Considering the fact Mickie James and Gail Kim get bigger reactions than Velvet does on a nightly basis without being pushed nearly as hard over the entire last year (Mickie only being pushed on the closing months of her contract) says a lot. Hell Taryn Terell was getting similar reactions to Velvet in her feud with Gail after the Slammiversary match they had and she hasn't even been near the title picture.

What does that tell you? Yeah it tells you Velvet has a little bit of charisma due to her attitude but it also shows you Velvet has been getting those reactions because she's been over pushed to death the past year. And again let me reiterate, she gets those reactions because of her looks. You strip her looks away she has absolutely nothing. If she looked like Awesome Kong she would have been released because she doesn't have Kong's ability in the ring. She doesn't have Gail Kim's phenomenal work rate or mic skills. She doesn't have the versatility of a Mickie James or the guts or the heart of Taryn Terell to put her body on the line in the way Taryn did against Gail. When she shows any of those things come back to me and we'll talk.

Her and Brooke Tessmacher are in the same boat essentially except Brooke generally tried harder to get better when she was competing and was getting better. Velvet if anything has gotten worse the more she's been pushed. And hell right now, Brooke is only eye candy. That is exactly the position Velvet should have been in the entire time. I would not have any problems with her if that were the case.

But it hasn't been, which is why I have been refuting this ridiculous claim that Velvet is even anywhere the level of Gail Kim, Awesome Kong or Mickie James.

Edited by Crusade, 21 September 2013 - 10:34 AM.

OFFLINE   Lyriqz

Lyriqz

Pricefield trash

• 4,392 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

Considering the fact Mickie James and Gail Kim get bigger reactions than Velvet does on a nightly basis without being pushed nearly as hard over the entire last year (Mickie only being pushed on the closing months of her contract) says a lot. Hell Taryn Terell was getting similar reactions to Velvet in her feud with Gail after the Slammiversary match they had and she hasn't even been near the title picture.

What does that tell you? Yeah it tells you Velvet has a little bit of charisma due to her attitude but it also shows you Velvet has been getting those reactions because she's been over pushed to death the past year. And again let me reiterate, she gets those reactions because of her looks. You strip her looks away she has absolutely nothing. If she looked like Awesome Kong she would have been released because she doesn't have Kong's ability in the ring. She doesn't have Gail Kim's phenomenal work rate or mic skills. She doesn't have the versatility of a Mickie James or the guts or the heart of Taryn Terell to put her body on the line in the way Taryn did against Gail. When she shows any of those things come back to me and we'll talk.

Her and Brooke Tessmacher are in the same boat essentially except Brooke generally tried harder to get better when she was competing and was getting better. Velvet if anything has gotten worse the more she's been pushed. And hell right now, Brooke is only eye candy. That is exactly the position Velvet should have been in the entire time. I would not have any problems with her if that were the case.

But it hasn't been, which is why I have been refuting this ridiculous claim that Velvet is even anywhere the level of Gail Kim, Awesome Kong or Mickie James.

Oh no, definitely, she's miles away from the other girls by ability, I'm just saying that she can is absolutely able to play the face of the division, wether it's heel or face and that she does posses charisma. Kim, Mickie, Kong, Tara, Melissa etc are all a lot better than her but I'm just saying that she's arguably the greatest Knockout because he's just in that position. I think we can agree that Hogan, Auston (when he was pushed) and The Rock aren't the best wrestlers ever, yet they are the three names mentioned the most when asked about the greatest ever.

OFFLINE   #TwistedHEEL

#TwistedHEEL

I got screwed!!!

• 4,291 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

What Velvet lacks in talent & acting, she makes up for in sex appeal & effort.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users