• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Latino_Heat

Latino_Heat

Midcarder

• 731 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

I was happy,But once I played it and Looked what was in it.. I was soo disappointed :(

Thought was going to be good but no.. Oh well.. Nomore WWE games for me not even 2k15,

I hate yukes, wwe and 2k sports :P

I should of gotten SR4 :P

That's is all i wanted to share lol.

OFFLINE   CM Pier

CM Pier

Straight Edge SDH Supporter

• Supporter
  • 8,517 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

Well, you gotta give them credit, in the middle of developing the game their company went bankrupt... I actually like this year's game... they fixed the annoying bugs like the 1 count one and they gave us better online servers, along with some minor new things that I personally appreciate from them.

So for me WWE 2K14 is actually a good investment   ;)

and it's way better than the last 2 games they released '12 and '13

Edited by CM Pier, 31 December 2013 - 11:19 AM.

OFFLINE   ext3rmin4l

ext3rmin4l

• 2,559 posts
  • ext3rmin4l

Awards:

Users Awards

Well, you gotta give them credit, in the middle of developing the game their company went bankrupt... I actually like this year's game... they fixed the annoying bugs like the 1 count one and they gave us better online servers, along with some minor new things that I personally appreciate from them.

So for me WWE 2K14 is actually a good investment   ;)

and it's way better than the last 2 games they released '12 and '13

Agreed!

They did a great job in so little time.

Edited by ExT3RmiN@L, 31 December 2013 - 12:45 PM.

OFFLINE   Imp4ctCr4ft2

Imp4ctCr4ft2

Do you see it?

• 330 posts
  • Imp4ctCr4ft2
  • picachuman543216

Once you finish Wrestlemania

It gets boring

But then theres a league

AND THATS BORING TOO.

I had to send it back to Gamefly. lol.

OFFLINE   Loves2Spoon

Loves2Spoon

I have Acknowledged

• Supporter
  • 11,934 posts

Awards:

Users Awards
This game isnt bad. Its just BORING...
Bring back story mode! We need something to keep us playing instead of COD, Sports, ETC. I find myself going back to play a match then go play a different game. We need something special to say "omg i gotta get playing, theres a big event going on". We need rewards or events. Something special. Maybe a PPV voting system built in so when ppvs happen winners get something special. Or perhaps you can compete in a 2k official tournament for a prize.

OFFLINE   Static

Static

World Champion

• 8,420 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

It's a well made game. I like it.

OFFLINE   Dazmanâ„¢

Dazmanâ„¢

"The Daz Factor Of SDH"

• Supporter
  • 9,444 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

I wouldn't say it's a bad game considering 2K games took over half way through the game production, it's just boring and only keeps you wanting to play it for a few weeks as opposed to all year until the next game in the series is released. It took me 2 days to finish 30 Years Of WrestleMania mode because it lacks so much depth and every match can be finished within 10 minutes. I prefer the mode compared to Road To WrestleMania but there need to be more cutscenes involved. They could have done so much with the Rock/Hogan match but it was just a case of hitting two finishers and pinning him like you would do to a jobber, some matches just don't seem as if you're relieving history and it gives the impression that they're being lazy. Some of the matches were really fun but some were seriously lacking objectives.

There really needs to be another mode though because that's enough to keep you playing for a year, I think if they gave us a story mode on top of that then it wouldn't be so boring. There is still a lot to do, I mean I love relieving some of the matches throughout the previous year but I can see why people find the game boring and end up trading it in within a few weeks after it's released.

OFFLINE   The 10th Doctor

The 10th Doctor

SDH's Resident Gallifreyan Time Lord

• 2,912 posts

This game is fun I haven't finished my first universe year yet. I just can't wait for the last DLC its going to help my 80's universe

OFFLINE   Sparpton

Sparpton

Jobber

• 111 posts

To me it's a little bit mediocre.

OFFLINE   Noob Saibot

Noob Saibot

ChampOwensChamp

• Hall of Fame
  • 14,518 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

I actualy enjoy playing it , kinda because I'm a huge fan of wrestling . Isn't perfect , specially the 30 YOWM doesn't completely deliver in recreaation and gets quite unnacurated in some parts , specially in the Universe Era part (Jericho vs Edge , Punk vs Taker , Del Rio vs Edge ...) and the cheap ending to Cena vs Rock II ... But it is a good game , I high improvement from '12 . I guess all depends of the person who plays it .

OFFLINE   KaliYall

KaliYall

Backyard Wrestler

• 19 posts
  • Kaliz0r

This game is buggy as all hell, but at the same time there are a lot of improvements over last years game. I just wish they would put out a patch to fix some of the bugs, but of course I know that won't happen. 2K is notorious for not patching their games. But we as consumers continue to buy their partially broken products, so they really have no reason to.

OFFLINE   Noob Saibot

Noob Saibot

ChampOwensChamp

• Hall of Fame
  • 14,518 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

This game is buggy as all hell, but at the same time there are a lot of improvements over last years game. I just wish they would put out a patch to fix some of the bugs, but of course I know that won't happen. 2K is notorious for not patching their games. But we as consumers continue to buy their partially broken products, so they really have no reason to.

I didn't came across any yet . What kind of bus I should expect ?

OFFLINE   K Money

K Money

The Beard. Is. Heeeeeere!

• 1,593 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

Sans such glitches as freezing at load screens or randomly deleting rivalries,

The game is actually great for what it is!

That being said, they do need to bring back GM/Story Mode from the SvR series of games. Keep the 100 CAW slots and keep everything in the Creation Suite (just revamp things but don't do away with things, keep Universe Mode, just revive GM/Story Mode next time around. As it stands, I'll be happy playing 2k14 until '15 comes around.

OFFLINE   RKHT8709

RKHT8709

Stephanos Oro Sonne Ramsteen

• 10,904 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

I was happy,But once I played it and Looked what was in it.. I was soo disappointed :(
Thought was going to be good but no.. Oh well.. Nomore WWE games for me not even 2k15,

Another member on the forum shared his similar thoughts on the game in vivid detail.

Allow me to start by saying that I've been following these wrestling games since Super Nintendo.

A List Of Things That Suck:

1. This is literally the exact same game as WWE '13 (and '12, '11, '10, '09, '08, '07, etc). Everything is still identical from past games right down to the menus & options. If you've bought a WWE game in the last decade, you won't be needing this one.

2. The roster is absolutely horrendous. There is no denying it - every single wrestling game dating back to "NWO vs. WCW World Tour" has a better character list than WWE 2K14. As if WWE's roster isn't bad enough, they decided to throw in a handful of characters straight outta any old "WWE Legends" game, none of which I cared to play as after they were unlocked. Most characters are used twice as a "Retro" version to make it appear that this game has a vast character selection, when it does not. Thank god for CAW. All-star grandpas & new-school nobodies, all dressed in neon spandex underwear, sweet!

3. The amount of reversals performed by the AI during "30yrs of Wrestlemania" is beyond retarded. Having that amount of reversals immediately thrown in my face makes me not even want to play this hurtin' game. "Reversal" is the most used button in this game by far. Usually they give you 0.1 seconds to execute your reversal. It's disgusting how many reversals are performed throughout a match. A more suitable title for this game would be "Reversals 2K14".

4. You still can't throw people off the stage. You can't suplex people over the ropes to the mats. I seem to remember variations of this feature in earlier wrestling games... How hard is that for you guys?! Maybe change up the game's engine if it sucks too much for decently exciting action!! I want to set up a table outside the ring and suplex somebody off a ladder through that table, but you retards made that impossible - thanks! Oh, I guess that's too "hardcore" nowadays, it's not like anybody ever went sailing off the stage through a table or anything... This is a fighting game isn't it??

5. After back-to-back-to-back identical WWE games, this gameplay has become extremely repetitive, predictable & boring. They act like there's all these game modes, but 75% of the matches are the exact same thing. Extreme Rules & many other modes are basically useless. You can beat peoples heads in 10x better on a TLC match. They brought in multi-gender fighting, but not with weapons or anything. That's ok tho, I would rather use CAW To make my female characters anyway. That way I can make them out of a male's body & expose their bare nipples. WWE 2K15 doesn't stand a chance at this rate.

6. The commentary is emotionless & bland, more boring than ever. Don't take a year or 2 off to make a better game or anything guys, you're cool...

7. The audience looks like crap. They have a newschool looking crowd at the 80's Wrestlemania when Hogan body slammed Andre. The numerous rings are pointless for anything other than looks, as usual. Paul Bearer did not have red hair when he debuted with The Undertaker. What a bunch of sloppy lazy crap.

8. The camera angles are so boring. I saw 1 camera angle that impressed me the entire time I played through the campaign. It's like watching 2 corpses fight. It must be impossible for these people to innovate anything decent in this game these days.

9. The running & turnbuckle detection is terrible. Good luck heading up to the top rope when you need to. Why do they screw up their own button config every couple years? What a bunch of idiots. This game suffers from the same problem as GTA 5 - the character can't perform a 180• without performing a half-circle radius movement. Because in life, people can't change directions in their tracks or anything...

10. Tables will break by accident if you perform moves too close to them. "Man, that must have been a strong headbutt, because it just broke this table behind me!"

11. Certain buttons seem unresponsive at times. Strong Punch selectively works, and certain wrestlers' strikes can't break pins (ie. Randy Orton). It sure is cool when you suffer through a Triple Threat match only to get screwed by the game because you can't break a pin 10min into the match.

12. "Road To Wrestlemania" is the only campaign mode on this game, and it SUCKS.

13. You can beat the snot out of somebody for 15min straight, then they'll reversal you outta nowhere, land their special move (that they somehow have without landing a punch), and pin you. It's so stupid.

2K - Don't start doing this "We release a game every single year because we're a sports franchise" B.S.
Wrestling is not a sports franchise, it's entertainment. This game is not entertaining, it's crap. Take a year or 2 off and make a game that isn't junk. You think you're missing out on huge profits, but there isn't going to be any profits when your product sucks every time!

*** Here's some food for thought: When WCW released their first N64 game "WCW vs. NWO: World Tour", it caught the attention of every single kid out there with a Nintendo (and then some). It was a good game & people wanted to play it. What this resulted in, was that people were subliminally learning about what was going on in WCW at the time. I had no idea that Hogan was a bad guy before "World Tour". I didn't know what NWO was prior to this game either. It was "World Tour" that brought the massive tidal wave of attention to the wrestling industry more than anything else. Wrestling exploded immediately after the first N64 title was released, with all the attention going toward WCW. You could almost say that the N64 "World Tour" game sparked the match of what was to come in the industry, with "Revenge" following it up, and "Wrestlemania 2000" carrying through after WWE took over in the ratings. With that type of power at stake, why do they continue to put out crappy wrestling games year after year??? I swear, they honestly want their product suck...

OFFLINE   Latino_Heat

Latino_Heat

Midcarder

• 731 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

Another member on the forum shared his similar thoughts on the game in vivid detail.

Allow me to start by saying that I've been following these wrestling games since Super Nintendo.

A List Of Things That Suck:

1. This is literally the exact same game as WWE '13 (and '12, '11, '10, '09, '08, '07, etc). Everything is still identical from past games right down to the menus & options. If you've bought a WWE game in the last decade, you won't be needing this one.

2. The roster is absolutely horrendous. There is no denying it - every single wrestling game dating back to "NWO vs. WCW World Tour" has a better character list than WWE 2K14. As if WWE's roster isn't bad enough, they decided to throw in a handful of characters straight outta any old "WWE Legends" game, none of which I cared to play as after they were unlocked. Most characters are used twice as a "Retro" version to make it appear that this game has a vast character selection, when it does not. Thank god for CAW. All-star grandpas & new-school nobodies, all dressed in neon spandex underwear, sweet!

3. The amount of reversals performed by the AI during "30yrs of Wrestlemania" is beyond retarded. Having that amount of reversals immediately thrown in my face makes me not even want to play this hurtin' game. "Reversal" is the most used button in this game by far. Usually they give you 0.1 seconds to execute your reversal. It's disgusting how many reversals are performed throughout a match. A more suitable title for this game would be "Reversals 2K14".

4. You still can't throw people off the stage. You can't suplex people over the ropes to the mats. I seem to remember variations of this feature in earlier wrestling games... How hard is that for you guys?! Maybe change up the game's engine if it sucks too much for decently exciting action!! I want to set up a table outside the ring and suplex somebody off a ladder through that table, but you retards made that impossible - thanks! Oh, I guess that's too "hardcore" nowadays, it's not like anybody ever went sailing off the stage through a table or anything... This is a fighting game isn't it??

5. After back-to-back-to-back identical WWE games, this gameplay has become extremely repetitive, predictable & boring. They act like there's all these game modes, but 75% of the matches are the exact same thing. Extreme Rules & many other modes are basically useless. You can beat peoples heads in 10x better on a TLC match. They brought in multi-gender fighting, but not with weapons or anything. That's ok tho, I would rather use CAW To make my female characters anyway. That way I can make them out of a male's body & expose their bare nipples. WWE 2K15 doesn't stand a chance at this rate.

6. The commentary is emotionless & bland, more boring than ever. Don't take a year or 2 off to make a better game or anything guys, you're cool...

7. The audience looks like crap. They have a newschool looking crowd at the 80's Wrestlemania when Hogan body slammed Andre. The numerous rings are pointless for anything other than looks, as usual. Paul Bearer did not have red hair when he debuted with The Undertaker. What a bunch of sloppy lazy crap.

8. The camera angles are so boring. I saw 1 camera angle that impressed me the entire time I played through the campaign. It's like watching 2 corpses fight. It must be impossible for these people to innovate anything decent in this game these days.

9. The running & turnbuckle detection is terrible. Good luck heading up to the top rope when you need to. Why do they screw up their own button config every couple years? What a bunch of idiots. This game suffers from the same problem as GTA 5 - the character can't perform a 180• without performing a half-circle radius movement. Because in life, people can't change directions in their tracks or anything...

10. Tables will break by accident if you perform moves too close to them. "Man, that must have been a strong headbutt, because it just broke this table behind me!"

11. Certain buttons seem unresponsive at times. Strong Punch selectively works, and certain wrestlers' strikes can't break pins (ie. Randy Orton). It sure is cool when you suffer through a Triple Threat match only to get screwed by the game because you can't break a pin 10min into the match.

12. "Road To Wrestlemania" is the only campaign mode on this game, and it SUCKS.

13. You can beat the snot out of somebody for 15min straight, then they'll reversal you outta nowhere, land their special move (that they somehow have without landing a punch), and pin you. It's so stupid.

2K - Don't start doing this "We release a game every single year because we're a sports franchise" B.S.
Wrestling is not a sports franchise, it's entertainment. This game is not entertaining, it's crap. Take a year or 2 off and make a game that isn't junk. You think you're missing out on huge profits, but there isn't going to be any profits when your product sucks every time!

*** Here's some food for thought: When WCW released their first N64 game "WCW vs. NWO: World Tour", it caught the attention of every single kid out there with a Nintendo (and then some). It was a good game & people wanted to play it. What this resulted in, was that people were subliminally learning about what was going on in WCW at the time. I had no idea that Hogan was a bad guy before "World Tour". I didn't know what NWO was prior to this game either. It was "World Tour" that brought the massive tidal wave of attention to the wrestling industry more than anything else. Wrestling exploded immediately after the first N64 title was released, with all the attention going toward WCW. You could almost say that the N64 "World Tour" game sparked the match of what was to come in the industry, with "Revenge" following it up, and "Wrestlemania 2000" carrying through after WWE took over in the ratings. With that type of power at stake, why do they continue to put out crappy wrestling games year after year??? I swear, they honestly want their product suck...

Thats interesting lol, I do agree with him though :)

OFFLINE   KaliYall

KaliYall

Backyard Wrestler

• 19 posts
  • Kaliz0r

I didn't came across any yet . What kind of bus I should expect ?

It's mostly presentation stuff, so it's not game-breaking, just annoying.

There are audio issues when using custom music for a wrestler's entrance. Sometimes it will play two songs at the same time, sometimes it will play music during the match, and then when you complete the match and go back to the menu screen there will be no music at all.

I've noticed at least two cutscenes where the incorrect wrestler was shown. For example, I had a tag match with The Shield against Orton and somebody (can't remember). Orton's partner was pinned to end the match, then it cut to a scene where Rollins and Orton were celebrating like they had won the match while Reigns was lying on the ground like he was the one who lost. Then Orton and Rollins began beating down Reigns with a chair.

Another audio issue is that there is no ring announcer audio during a major championship bout.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users