Photo

Kurt Angle On If WWE Is Still An Option, Leaving TNA, If He Would Wrestle Brock Lesnar Again, More

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Main Eventer

• 3,638 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

I recently interviewed TNA Superstar Kurt Angle, who recently announced that he would not be re-signing with TNA after his contract expires early next year. Below is part one of the interview. Make sure to check back next for the second and final part of the interview, where Angle talks about Vince McMahon wanting his character to be more serious, talk of him ending the streak and who shut it down, his last dates with TNA, if TNA should become more UK-centric and more.

Angle will also be conducting a series of Q&A events in the U.K. this November as part of Triple M Promotions' "The golden truth tour 2015: An audience with Kurt Angle" in six cities. Rob Maltman will conduct a 60 minute interview with Angle, which will be followed by a special Q and A with the audience. Tickets are available now at triplempromotions.co.uk.

You mentioned that you weren't going to re-sign with TNA when your contract is up. Is that a pretty firm decision?

"I'm not going to sign. Not at the moment. I'm going to take a break. I did talk to them about the future and the possibility of coming back. No guarantees, I just told them I'd consider it. I just want to take a break and get away from wrestling. I've been doing it for so long. I made up my mind last year when I signed with TNA for one year. I didn't sign for multiple years because I knew I was going to be done for now. It was kind of funny, I got a call from John Gaburick, and he said 'You're done?!' and I told him I said 'Well, John, I signed a one-year deal, what did you think I was doing?' and he said they were interested in doing something with me and laid out the plans. I told him I just needed to take a break and I'd get back to him, because he's always been good to me. I'll consider it, but right now I'm going to take a break."

While you take a break, are you closing the door to all things wrestling? Would you still be open to talking with WWE?

"In the future, I'd love to talk to them, but it won't be anytime soon. I'll talk to TNA in the future, as well. I'm not going to rule out any company. I had a great career in both of them. I just want to step away and spend time with my family. I've been taking acting classes to try to start a career in acting, and it looks like I'll be starting a podcast next year. There's a lot of things I want to do, I just haven't been able to because I've been tied down to pro wrestling."

Brock Lesnar was asked about the Shooting Star Press on his podcast. What were your thoughts when he did that move?

"That was my idea, I will take responsibility for Brock doing that. At the time I had to leave [WWE], it really wasn't in the plans for me to drop the title at WrestleMania. I had suffered a broken neck and was going to have surgery, so I wanted to do something that people would remember. I asked Brock to do the Shooting Star Press, which he had done many times in OVW. I just thought it would be a great way to end the show.

"Unfortunately Brock came up short. I think I was a little too far away, and Brock kind of double guessed before he went. If you ever watched the tape, you'll see that he goes, then he kind stops, then he says 'screw it.' So that hesitation caused him to land on his head. But that was my call, I know that Brock didn't necessarily want to do it, but we did practice it earlier in the week and he was doing it perfectly well, he just got in a situation in the match where he kind of slipped a little bit and that was it. But I can tell you this, fans still remember it!"

Is Brock someone you'd like to wrestle again?

"Yeah, Brock's a great talent. People don't realize, he's a beast. They look at him as a big guy that conquers everybody, Brock's a rare talent. He can do about anything. He's 300 pounds and wrestles like he's 200 pounds. I don't think you'll ever see anyone in your lifetime like Brock. He can do whatever he wants. If he stayed in the NFL, he would have made it and been an all-pro lineman. Obviously he proved himself in the UFC. He's good at whatever he does. Look what he did in college wrestling. The way WWE has utilized him is right, because you don't get a Brock Lesnar except maybe once in a few years,."

You're doing a tour of Q&A's in November for Triple M promotions. What can fans expect from those shows?

"I'm looking forward to it. I talked to Ric Flair and he had a blast doing it. This is the first time I've had fans interview me. You're going to get great questions from the UK fans, it's gonna be good. I believe we're starting a trend. We're doing this in the UK and I think a lot of other countries are going to ask to start doing these as well. Triple M promotions has started something that's going to catch on pretty heavily."

Make sure to check back next for the second and final part of the interview, where Angle talks about Vince McMahon wanting his character to be more serious, talk of him ending the streak and who shut it down, his last dates with TNA, if TNA should become more UK-centric and more. Just a reminder that Angle will be conducting a series of Q&A events in the U.K. this November as part of Triple M Promotions' "The golden truth tour 2015: An audience with Kurt Angle". His schedule is below:

18th – London – West Ham UTD
19th – Cardiff – Cardiff city FC
20th – Leicester - LCFC
21st – Rotherham – Rotherham UTD
22nd – Edinburgh – Tynecastle
WrestlingINC.com

OFFLINE   RKHT8709

RKHT8709

Stephanos Oro Sonne Ramsteen

• 10,904 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

Nice interview and here's more updated info regarding another one Kurt Angle has done recently so here are the highlights:

TNA star Kurt Angle was recently interviewed for the In Ring Pop podcast on iTunes. The interview was conducted during his recent UK tour. Here are the highlights.

Retirement:

"Have fun, travel, move – go to Cali for a week then Florida for a week seeing how it looks what we wanna do, spending time with wife and kids as not been able to do that for 15 years, this past years been a blessing as been with TNA part time. Just signed with Hollywood and just signed with Bellator to do commentary for them."

Acting:

"Have a movie scheduled in March called ‘Epidemic’. Ive done 20 reads this past year and didn’t get 1. That’s the way it is, it takes time and practise and I’m very optimistic about it I love acting. Not looking at action as much as comedy or drama, more emotion so hopefully I’ll get to go down that avenue rather than down the ass kicker shooting a machine gun and beating some guys up."

Autobiography:

"Book just signed with a publisher. Did first book but was rushed and now I get to talk about everything. This will be solely my take, in WWE, they protect you on everything you say and if they thought there was a possible lawsuit you had to change the story and the name and it got to the point where I’m reading my book thinking, is any of this true? Not that everything was false but everything was a little changed or twisted so this time I get to do the whole thing and be 100 percent honest."

You can listen to the interview on iTunes.

OFFLINE   Spyder78

Spyder78

The Grandfartherly Jester of SDH

• Supporter
  • 7,203 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

I hope he does come back to the WWE for a send off/farewell tour kinda deal like Flair and so many others have done..I'm sure Trips will make sure it gets done no doubts bout that

OFFLINE   RKHT8709

RKHT8709

• 10,904 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

I hope he does come back to the WWE for a send off/farewell tour kinda deal like Flair and so many others have done..I'm sure Trips will make sure it gets done no doubts bout that

If the online reports are true, HHH was upset that Kurt Angle tried to go over his head and get readmitted back to WWE through Vince McMahon but Vince told Kurt that he had to deal with HHH because he's in charge of this and not him. The decision wasn't up to Vince McMahon but I don't know about this one. He has all the power to say 'yes' but he's letting Triple H decide? Something tells me that if the rumor was true (a friend told me about this so take it with a grain of salt BUT you should check out the old storyline feud between Kurt Angle and Triple H involving Stephanie too!) then it would appear as though there was strong "sexual tension" between Kurt and Stephanie. However, if the other report is true...I don't think WWE wants a liability with Kurt's past issues and/or personal problems in the past. We've all got "skeletons in the closet" as I've heard before BUT even HHH is considering bringing back Hulk Hogan or HH for short so what gives?

OFFLINE   Spyder78

Spyder78

The Grandfartherly Jester of SDH

• Supporter
  • 7,203 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

Oh yeah I remember that Kurt wanted to ankle lock Steph's vagina with his tongue and Angle slam her to not being able to walk for weeks xD

I'm sure Trips will work out his issues with Kurt like he's done with a few others, I mean if peace can be made with Vince & Warrior this shouldn't be that far fetched ;)

OFFLINE   RKHT8709

RKHT8709

• 10,904 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

No comment! :P

d '_' d

" [P__P] "

'';O_O;''

OFFLINE   TH€B€AST22-1™

TH€B€AST22-1™

Midcarder

• 820 posts

Awards:

Users Awards
I hope Kurt comes back to WWE and faces Lesnar because their matches back in the day are the reason I became a real fan of wrestling. They put on wrestling matches and not just a show. They will always be at the top of my favorites list. Kurt needs to end his wrestling career where it started and have his last match against Lesnar. They need to have a series of matches with both of them winning and then have a rubber match(being Kurt's last match) with Kurt coming up with the final win.

Edited by TH€B€AST22-1™, 26 November 2015 - 06:08 AM.

OFFLINE   Noob Saibot

Noob Saibot

ChampOwensChamp

• Hall of Fame
  • 14,518 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

I only see Angle joining the Hall of fame and maybe doing 1 appearence per year on RAW, and that's about it.

Yeah, that's literally what it happened. If Angle was just a bit closer...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users