"It took me 14 years to do this."
Out Of Ring Name:- April Mendez
Born On:- March 19th, 1987
From:- Union City New Jersey
Received Training From:- Jay Lethal
Year Of Wrestling Debut:- 2007
Year Of FCW Debut:- 2009
Year Of WWE Debut:- 2011
Who is AJ Lee?
AJ Lee is a female wrestler or, in the WWE, a 'Diva'. She has been a major wrestling and video game fan all of her life,aspiring to join and become a top wrestler in the WWE one day. Shortly after leaving university she researched wrestling schools and enrolled in one a mile away from her house. To pay the tuition she began working full-time and became an official student in March 2007, debuting six months later as "Miss April" to work the New Jersey independent wrestling circuit in her first official match. In the following years, she performed for several Northeast-based Independent promotions including Women Superstars Uncensored(WSU) as 'Miss April'. In WSU, she was part of the AC Express alongside Brooke Carter and the two together won the WSU Tag Team Championship.
She achieved half of her dream in the year 2009 when she was signed to FCW(Florida Championship Wrestling), a developmental area for the WWE. In FCW, she was known as the 'Queen Of FCW' and 'FCW Divas Champion', and was the first person to have held both titles simultaneously. She finally began appearing on television in the year 2010 in the third season of WWE's NXT where she competed and won the season, if you don't watch the last two episodes.
She finally moved up to the main roster on the 27th of May, 2011 on SmackDown in her debut along side her 'best friend' Kaitlyn as the 'Chickbusters' against the team of Tamina and Alicia Fox. Her first victory came on the June 10 episode of SmackDown!, when she pinned Tamina in a singles match, a feat she repeated on the July 8 episode.
A self professed nerd and tomboy, AJ Lee has adopted her comics and video game fandom to her on screen character, endorsing herself as different from the typical women in WWE and promoting herself as the "Geek Goddess". In 2012, she was named the "Diva of the Year" as part of that year's Slammy Awards.
She achieved another dream by defeating Kaitlyn, the previous WWE Divas Champion, at the 2013 WWE Payback Pay-Per-View for the title.
- Diva Dirt Writers Choice Awards:-
- Best Breakthrough of the Year (2012)
- Best Babyface of the Year (2012)
- Florida Championship Wrestling:-
- One Time FCW Divas Championship
- One and Only 'Queen of FCW'
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated:-
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated had ranked her #48 of the best 50 female singles wrestlers in the Pro Wrestling Illustrated Female 50 in 2011,
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated Woman of the Year (2012)
- Women Superstars Uncensored:-
- One Time Women SuperStars Uncensored Tag Team Champion with Brooke Carter
- Women SuperStars Uncensored/NWS King and Queen of the Ring(2009) with Jay Lethal
- World Wrestling Entertainment:-
- Slammy Award for Diva of the Year (2012)
- Slammy Award for Best Kiss of the Year (2012) with John Cena(Of course, I'm not particularly proud of this one. )
- Record of being with and kissing the most wrestlers in a single year(2012), from Daniel Bryan, to CM Punk, to Kane, back to CM Punk, back to Daniel Bryan, then to John Cena and finally to and still Dolph Ziggler.
- 15th Divas Champion in the title's history as of WWE Payback 2013.
- House Show:-
- AJ Lee had defeated Eve Torres and Layla El in a triple-threat WWE Divas Championship match during the live events of November 2nd and November 11th both of the year 2012, but the then-acting general manager Vickie Guerrero had ordered the match to be restarted. Eve Torres would go on to win the match and regain the championship. The WWE does not recognize AJ Lee's win neither the title changing hands.
Do not double post.
There is an edit button. If you find that you have an afterthought to add, use that.
Do not feed the 'trolls'.
AJ Lee has many haters, but that doesn't stop many people from loving her. From time to time the fan-club may have a 'troll' as many people like to describe them, come in and bash. While it's tempting, do not bait/acknowledge them,
but instead, if all else fails, use the IGNORE button and report them(IF NECESSARY, DO NOT report just because you're a little 'peeved') and move on, please. I'm putting a lot of heart into this fan club and I don't want it to end up closed because of any of you arguing on stupid things. Healthy, civil arguments are WELCOME, but none that can lead to bad things.
Be civil with other members.
Though every one in this fanclub is a fan of AJ Lee, they still hold different opinions. Respect that and do not insult them. Be civil and mature. If it becomes a problem, it will be dealt with as need be.
Do not bash any other female wrestlers or 'Divas'.
There are lots of occasions where it seems appropriate to use another person in an argument to make AJ Lee look good. Comparison is fine, bashing is not.
There are fans of other characters in this FC, too. Respect that as well. Notable targets may be Kaitlyn.
Keep the conversation AJ-relevant.
This fanclub is for the discussion of the female wrestler or 'Diva', AJ Lee, not for what you did today. I realize how easy it is to get a little off-topic, but please, DON'T let the discussion stray too wildly from the subject!
Please try to avoid posting multiple times in a row, if you are for example posting pictures, then please do not post one right after. If you have more pictures to post, then wait till at least two other people have posted after that post or edit your original post. If after your initial post no one has made a reply for at least two days then you may post. We want to keep the club clean from any clutter, thank you.
"All pictures/GIFs/Videos that contain sexually explicit/objectional material are to be posted within spoilers."
OFFICIAL #TeamAJ Members
*Just Fanclub Members*
Large Sources of AJ Lee Content(Updated as more are discovered)
*Credit to Hybrid and AirBourne for the wonderful suggestions for the original post update.
Edited by HeartBreakKid, 16 March 2014 - 04:42 PM.