NBA 2K14 Soundtrack Revealed
2K Sports today revealed the complete track list for NBA® 2K14, the next installment of the top-selling and top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise*. Personally selected by the game’s cover athlete and two-time NBA Champion, LeBron James, the soundtrack boasts an eclectic mix of hip-hop, rock, and classic pop that is sure to get players ready for tip-off. Fans who want to listen to the soundtrack in advance of the game’s release on October 1st can stream the complete list on the NBA 2K14 Spotify page.
"2K is letting me take control of some important elements in NBA 2K14, including this year's soundtrack," said James, who successfully defended the Miami Heat's world championship in the NBA Finals, while winning his second straight NBA Finals MVP award. "I love that I'm the first NBA 2K cover athlete to choose the soundtrack."
- Big Krit, Cool 2 be Southern
- Cris Cab, Paradise (On Earth)
- Coldplay, Lost!
- Daft Punk (feat. Pharrell Williams), Get Lucky
- Drake, Started From The Bottom
- Eminem, Not Afraid
- Fly Union, Long Run
- Gorillaz, Clint Eastwood
- Imagine Dragons, Radioactive
- Jada Kiss (feat. Ayanna Irish), Can't Stop Me
- Jay Z, The Ruler's Back
- John Legend (feat. Rick Ross), Who Do We Think We Are
- Kanye West, All Of The Lights
- Kendrick Lamar, Now Or Never
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (feat. Ray Dalton), Can't Hold Us
- Nas (feat. Puff Daddy), Hate Me Now
- Phil Collins, In The Air Tonight
- Robin Thicke (feat. Pharrell), Blurred Lines
- The Black Keys, Elevator
- The Black Keys, Howlin For You
Click here for the Spotify link.
The soundtrack will be available on both PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®4 systems; the Xbox 360® games and entertainment system from Microsoft; Xbox One®, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft; and PC.
NBA 2K14(Current-gen): Pre-Release News & UpdatesOfficial Topic
Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:36 PM
Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:08 PM
Edited by Dizzy, 28 July 2013 - 08:11 PM.
Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:18 PM
Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:23 AM
Anthony Davis with the New Orleans Pelicans new uniform
Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:29 AM
Dat uni brow! NBA 2K14 looks dope! It's always a must buy for me.
Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:37 PM
I really want to pre-order this because of the bonus stuff that comes with it, but I'm not sure if I should because I'd like the next gen edition. I have no idea when I'm getting the Xbox One either.
The game looks dope though.
Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:10 PM
Looking good so far!
Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:03 PM
NBA 2k13 was my first and it was awesome, NBA 2k14 soundtrack looks sweet with Nas and Imagine Dragons.
Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:41 AM
The NBA® 2K14 development team has been busy this Summer working to deliver on the promise of greatness that fans have come to expect for not one, but two, different generations of consoles. Today 2K is releasing a high-flying feature list along with highlights of several core gameplay improvements coming to NBA 2K14 on current generation platforms. With LeBron James, the king of basketball, at the helm, 2K is continuing to strive for greatness and NBA 2K14 will once again be second to none.
Below is a preview of some of the new features and core gameplay improvements fans will experience in NBA 2K14 with current generation platforms (Xbox 360, PS3) and PC, available on October 1, 2013.
- Crews - The single-most requested game mode is back! Face off against opposing crews online using your MyPLAYER. Create your logo and face off in 5v5 battles with other crews featuring leaderboards and stats. (PS3 & Xbox 360 only)
- Euroleague - Exclusive to NBA 2K14 - play with 14 of the top European teams, featuring authentic uniforms and players.
- Dynamic Living Rosters® powered by Stats, Inc. - Player attributes and tendencies automatically update daily to reflect true life hot and cold streaks. Now, each game played in the NBA can have an effect on your game.
- King James Soundtrack - Featuring artists and tracks hand-picked by LeBron James, including JAY Z, Eminem, The Black Keys, Daft Punk, and many more.
- MyTEAM - Back and better than ever, with new player modes, multi and single player tournaments, and much more. (PS3 & Xbox 360 only)
Key Gameplay Features:
- Pro Stick™ – Throw down show-stopping moves, pull off intricate shots, and toss flashy no-look passes with deadly accuracy with Pro Stick control. Easily the most intuitive basketball controls ever implemented.
- 2K Smart Play Button –Quickly call the most suitable play for the context of the game by simply holding a single button.
- Improved Player Motion System – With an all new motion system, player movement is much smoother on both ends of the floor, while also allowing for much more explosive cuts and tighter control.
- Depth of Content – With significant upgrades in nearly every aspect of the game, both on and off the court, NBA 2K14 boasts more animation content than any previous basketball title, and includes more than 3000 new animations.
General Gameplay Improvements:
- Signature Skills – Six new Signature Skills, ensuring each NBA player’s unique abilities are represented in the most authentic way possible.
- Playbook and Play System enhancements – The deepest and most authentic playbook gets even deeper. Execute new half-court sets, experience improved spacing logic, and run updated team specific plays.
- More Signature Styles - New jump shots, dunk and layup packages, dribble moves, free throws, pre-game intros, getbacks, celebrations and more.
Offensive Control Improvements:
- Shot System Upgrades – More realistic footwork on jump shots, improved awareness in shot selection, and a variety of new shot types. Whether you use the new intuitive Pro Stick™ or the enhanced Smart Shot Button, attacking the rim is now more exciting than ever.
- Dribbling Advancements - Upgraded dribble movement and new branching technology give you much greater 1-to-1 control over the ball handler.
- Enhanced Passing – More accurate pass targeting, new give and go mechanics, better handoffs, and an entire arsenal of new flashy passes.
- Learning Defensive A.I. – Test your skills even further with new defensive AI that sees where the offense is being successful and adjusts strategy to take those advantages away.
- Block Improvements – The block system has been completely revamped for NBA 2K14 with improved ball targeting and awareness, more realistic physics, and more responsive control. All new player collisions, the ability to block dunks, and more appropriate shot contests make playing defense much more fun and rewarding.
- All New Ball Denial - No more getting stuck during off ball bumps and ball denial, allowing for complete freedom of control over your players away from the ball.
- Enhanced dribbler vs. on-ball defender contact - Defenders can now initiate steals, hard bumps, and charges out of defensive rides, making locking up players on defense a much more engaging experience.
- Expanded Defensive Commands – New commands using the right stick: including contesting shots, contesting passes, and denying or pressuring the ball.
Returning Features Include:
- The Association
- The Association: Online
- Training Camp
- NBA Blacktop
- MyPLAYER Blacktop
- Team Up
Edited by The Cuh, 15 August 2013 - 04:42 AM.
Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:17 PM
Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:30 PM
Definitely getting this.
Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:19 PM
NBA 2K14 Doesn't Try to Fix What Ain't Broke A current-gen tide-me-over until November
I'll admit that it's difficult to get excited about the current-generation version of NBA 2K14 when the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 editions are looming just a month or so after the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions ship on October 1. But then I only have to remind myself that this is a phenomenal hoops series for many years now -- and it's only gotten better.
Of course, it helps that the 2K team handed me the controller and said, "Go ahead, just play."
Current-gen 2K14's big new addition is dribble controls. Various inputs on the right thumbstick will allow you to pull off dribble moves or shots. Like an idiot I immediately tried to figure it out on my own without heeding any instructions, and ended up throwing wild passes. It turns out that holding LT (on Xbox 360) now triggers an assist pass based on whatever direction you nudge on the right stick. It's wild fun on fast breaks or for driving the lane and kicking out to a spot-up shooter behind the three-point line.
Once I got some advice from longtime series director Rob Jones, the dribble-stick controls made a lot more sense. As he simply stated, "Dribbles are taps [on the right thumbstick], shots are holds."
Soon I was feeling locked-in and, playing the Heat, able to do some very LeBron-like things both at the rim and out on the perimeter.
"We started dabbling with [the dribble stick] during development on 2K13," Jones said. "It was one of our proposed control schemes coming out of that year."
Otherwise, online Crews are back, along with the new inclusion of 14 Euroleague teams.
Current-gen NBA 2K14 seems to be a pretty safe bet this year. As for next-gen? We'll have the first info and footage for you as soon as humanly possible. Stay tuned.
Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:38 AM
NBA 2K14 - Custom Wristbands?
It looks like we will have customizable wristbands in NBA 2K14, for those of you interested in that sort of thing. You can see "I Promise" on LeBron's wristband in a recently released screenshot.
NBA 2K14 Hands-On Impressions, Including Path to Greatness Details (InsideGamer)
Classic Teams Return to NBA 2K14
NBA 2K14 Producer Erick Boenisch (AKA SimBaller), has confirmed classic teams will return to NBA 2K14 (post #200). More details will be revealed at a later date. Some of you may have already been aware of the news, but for those that were not, you can calm down.
Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:37 PM
Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:41 PM
they finally have European basketball! this game will be good for sure
Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:00 PM
Looks good. Don't know why people are complaining it's the same thing. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:47 PM
NBA 2K14 Preview (Xbox 360)
The demo of the current gen version of NBA 2K14 I played at gamescom feels and plays a lot like last year’s game with a couple of refinements and tweaks that hardcore fans will definitely appreciate. I was expecting something similar to 2K13 due to the next gen release but honestly I was a bit disappointed to see almost the exact same presentation even down to the same camera angles before tip off.
After a couple of games you do see the gameplay improvements shine through a bit more.
The most noticeable change to this year’s game and probably a real game changer is the new blocking system. Not only do you get to see awesome block animations, the feel and reward of playing defense is much higher than last year. On one possession, I played great defense against Tim Duncan and the San Antonio Spurs until the end of the shot clock, at which point I blocked his shot because he couldn't get a good one off. You really feel the presence of good shot blockers around the rim this year. Great addition.
Defense on the whole felt a lot stronger as offensive players tend to lose the ball when going into traffic and a lot of contact animations are triggered around the rim. Defense movement seemed improved as well – all in all I really liked playing defense, it was a lot more fun than in last year’s games.
On offense there are some great improvements as well. Passing animations and speed are noticeably improved plus the addition of the stick as a passing trigger felt great too. Shooting is a lot more responsive as well – unfortunately there are still those very quick release points where you don’t have the opportunity to really hang in the air while shooting. Shot releases did feel disconnected again for me which was very disappointing to see.
Another thing I didn’t see a lot of improvements in was the floor spacing. You can tell that they were trying to address the issue (which has plagued the series for years) and the faster passes and jump shots did help a bit – but the main problem with help defense being too one-dimensional and defensive recovery being too quick still exists. Also the teammate AI doesn’t space the floor well enough when penetrating. On one occasion I had Parker of the spurs on Chris Bosh in the post & paint and no Spurs player came to help.
Hope they can fix this issue in the next gen versions.
The new Pro Stick needs a little getting used to at first. I had some instances where I wanted to dribble but went up for the shot. Overall I liked this setting more than holding down LT for a shot or drive. There are a couple of nice new dribbling animations as well.
There were other positive aspects as well. Biting on pump fakes can cause very realistic looking animations where players fall over each other. Contact animations in the paint seemed more varied but you can´t really tell how good or varied they are from playing only a couple of games. I did see some familiar contact drive animations from 2K13 a little too much. I saw a one handed dunk by Lennard on Haslem which looked almost exactly like the one in he NBA finals against Miller. I had the feeling that dunks were a little bit more explosive as well.
Playing the Euroleague teams feels a little different as a result of different defensive schemes.
Overall I liked the improvements a lot after playing for a while but was disappointed to see some issues I had with the last couple of games still existed (jump shots & spacing). This is the year of the first next gen version of NBA 2K so I can understand that the wheel won´t be reinvented with the last big current gen effort. NBA 2K14 will may very well be the best version of NBA 2K to date – just don´t expect a very different game.
Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:33 AM
Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:12 AM
Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:01 PM
No new signature skills yet. Eventually.
Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NBA
Sports & Racing Games →
By forbes.com & polygon.com
Sports & Racing Games →
Sports & Racing Games →
Sports & Racing Games →
Sports & Racing Games →
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users