WWE 2k14 Cover Art Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Contest may only be entered in or from the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Contest is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia.
- How to Enter. During the Contest Entry Period (defined below):
Step 1: Visit Sponsor’s website located at wwe.2k.com/covercontest (“Sponsor’s Site”)receive instructions on how to enter the Contest.
Step 2: After downloading the Contest Images, assemble the Contest Images with any photo editing software to create your Cover and save your Cover for upload on Twitter.
Step 3: Once logged into your Twitter account, post your original Cover on your Twitter page with the hashtag #WWE2K14Cover in your tweet (“Tweet”). Your Tweet must include the hashtag #WWE2K14Cover.
Step 4: Prior to uploading on Twitter, you will be prompted to sign into your Twitter account. If you do not have a Twitter account, create one by visiting www.twitter.com. Twitter accounts are free.
All entry information, Covers and Tweets shall be collectively referred to herein as the “Submissions” or each as a “Submission.” Submissions must comply with the Guidelines and Restrictions defined below. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify this Contest in the event an insufficient number of entries are received that meet the minimum Judging Criteria (defined below).
By entering, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to entrant’s Submission: (a)entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the Submission, apart from Contest IP (defined below) which may only be used pursuant to the limited license described more fully herein; (b) the Submission will not infringe on any rights of any third party, including, but not limited to copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity and/or any other intellectual property right; © no permission of any kind is required from any party other than entrant in order for Sponsor or its partners to use the Submission in accordance with these Official Rules; and (d) the Submission complies with the Submission Guidelines and Restrictions (defined below).
Limit one (1) Submission per person, per day of the Contest Entry Period. Each Submission submitted by an entrant must be different from other Submissions submitted by such entrant, as determined by Sponsor in its sole or absolute discretion. Duplicate Submissions by the same entrant will be subject to disqualification. If you post updates to or receive updates from twitter.com via SMS from your wireless phone, your wireless-service provider may charge you for each text message you send and receive. Please consult your wireless-service provider regarding its pricing plans. You must be an active holder of a non-private Twitter account to be eligible to enter this Contest. All terms and conditions of Twitter.com apply. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Twitter accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any Twitter account, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register at twitter.com will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
2. Contest Entry Start/End Dates. Contest entry period begins at 12:00:00 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on June 20, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET on July 23, 2013 (“Contest Entry Period”). Each day of the Contest Entry Period begins at 12:00:00 am ET and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET.
3. Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age. Void outside of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (“WWE”) and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of promotion materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible to enter. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the United States or the District of Columbia. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
4. Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions: By entering, each entrant agrees that entrant’s Submission conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove any Submission and disqualify an entrant from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the entrant’s Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions:
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes any rights of any other party, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or any other intellectual property rights;
- The Submission must not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party;
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations of the United States or of any jurisdiction where Submission is created;
- The Submission must be consistent with the image and values of Sponsor and be consistent with and satisfy the purpose of the Contest.
Each entrant acknowledges that other entrants may have used ideas and/or concepts in their Submission that may be similar in idea or concept to what is included in entrant’s Submission. Each entrant understands and agrees that he/she shall not have any claim against any other entrant or Sponsor arising out any such similarity or be entitled to any compensation because of any such similarity.
Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest, including, but not limited to, interpretation and application of these Official Rules. By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
5. Independently Developed Submissions. Each entrant understands and agrees that Sponsor’s and WWE’s use in matters independently developed of material similar to or identical with the Submission or containing features or elements similar to or identical with those contained in the Submission will not obligate Sponsor or WWE to negotiate with entrant, nor will it entitle entrant to any compensation of any kind. Each entrant agrees and acknowledges that nothing herein shall preclude Sponsor or WWE from using any material in or similar to the Submission without obligation to entrant, including, but not limited to, if Sponsor and/or WWE have determined that they have an independent legal right to use such other material, including without limitation, because such features or elements were not new or novel, or were not originated by entrant, or were created by Sponsor or WWE or may hereafter be independently created by or submitted to Sponsor or WWE.
6. Contest IP. Sponsor and/or WWE (as applicable) grant eligible entrants a limited, revocable, non-sublicensable license to use the Contest Images and any Sponsor or WWE names, marks, or logos provided to entrants for purposes of the Contest (collectively, “Contest IP”) for the sole purpose of creating and submitting the Submission for review and assessment in this Contest. Entrants are not permitted to make any further use of Contest IP for any purpose whatsoever. In addition, entrants recognize that all right, title, and interest in Contest IP as well as all derivative works created using Contest IP shall vest exclusively to Sponsor and/or WWE (as applicable), and entrant agrees that he/she has not and will not take any action that might harm or adversely affect such rights. No right, title, or interest in and to the Contest IP except for the limited license granted to entrant in these Official Rules is transferred or created. Each entrant further acknowledges and agrees that Contest IP is valid and enforceable, and that entrant shall do nothing to challenge the validity or enforceability of Contest IP in any forum. Entrants agree that the use of Contest IP is permitted only for the purpose of making a Submission for entry in this Contest, and that any use of Contest IP (whether in the Submission or otherwise) beyond this scope infringes the rights of Sponsor and/or WWE and will result in irreparable harm to Sponsor.
7. Ownership: By entering Contest, entrants hereby acknowledge that their Submission and all other materials of every kind whatsoever created by entrant relating to the Contest are a “work made for hire” (as that term is used in the United States Copyright Act) for Sponsor/WWE, and Sponsor/WWE (as applicable) are the sole and exclusive owner, in perpetuity and throughout the universe, of all right, title and interest in and to such materials, including without limitation all copyrights in and to the Submission (and all renewals and extensions thereof now or hereafter provided by law) and all the rights therein and thereto, and may exploit the Submission (and all rights therein) in any manner throughout the world without restriction of any kind, or payment to or consent from anyone. Without limiting the binding effect of any of the foregoing provisions, in the event that any part of the Submission is not deemed to be a “work made for hire” for Sponsor/WWE, then entrant hereby irrevocably and exclusively grants and assigns to Sponsor/WWE (or, if any applicable law prohibits or restricts such assignment, entrant hereby grants to Sponsor an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, transferable license of) unlimited right, title and interest in and to such Submission, including, without limitation, all rights of every kind and nature (whether now known or hereafter devised, including all copyrights therein and thereto and all renewals and extensions thereof), throughout the universe, in perpetuity, for all purposes, in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised. Sponsor/WWE shall have the sole and exclusive right to edit, adapt, post, publish (including via tweets and re-tweets, and including with entrant’s Twitter handle) or not publish any or all of the Submissions , and may use them in any media or in any manner without attribution or compensation to the entrant, his/her successors or assigns, or any other entity. The fact that Sponsor may tweet or –re-tweet a Submission does not in a way entitle such entrant to any prize or suggest that such entrant has an elevated status in the Contest or will win any prize.
8. Judging Panel/Judging Criteria. On or about July 24, 2013, all eligible Submissions will be judged by a panel of judges that have the required knowledge and experience to apply the Judging Criteria (defined below). All Submissions will be judged based on the following equally-weighted judging criteria (“Judging Criteria”): (a) Most creative; and (b) Cover design (use of color, space, graphics, photos, layout, etc.).
By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
9. Prizes. One (1) Grand Prize winner will have his/her winning Submission made into an alternate WWE 2K14 cover included in boxes of WWE 2K14and will receive a copy of WWE 2K14.Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $60.00. One (1) First Prize winner will receive a copy of WWE 2K14. ARV of First Prize: $60.00. ARV of all prizes combined: $120.00.
Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of any prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All expenses not specifically listed herein are the responsibility of winners.
10. Notification. Potential winners will receive a direct message from Sponsor through the Twitter account used to enter the Contest on or about July 26, 2013 (note: in order to receive such direct message, potential winner may have to have his/her Tweet Privacy settings “unchecked”). Potential winners will be required to respond to the direct message within forty-eight hours of receipt and provide Sponsor with their full name, personal email address, and/or any other requested information. If a potential winner does not respond to direct message within the required time frame, prize may be forfeited and awarded to the next runner-up. Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Potential winners will be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and/or rights transfer document within five calendar days of Sponsor’s notification. If any potential winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Affidavit of Eligibility and/or Liability/Publicity must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to complete and respond to the direct message within the required time period, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any potential winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Contest rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to the entrant with the next highest score. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
11. Conditions. BY PARTICIPATING, ENTRANTS AND WINNERS AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, WWE, TWITTER, AND THEIR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONS AGENCIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASED ENTITIES”), FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, FOR LOSS, HARM, DAMAGE, INJURY, COST OR EXPENSE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH WHICH MAY OCCUR IN CONNECTION WITH, PREPARATION FOR, TRAVEL TO, OR PARTICIPATION IN CONTEST, OR POSSESSION, ACCEPTANCE AND/OR USE OR MISUSE OF PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY AND FOR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, INVASION OF PRIVACY, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT, TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT OR ANY OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY-RELATED CAUSE OF ACTION. Any and all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Participation in Contest and acceptance of prize constitutes each winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the Contest or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible if Contest cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
12. Additional Terms. Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ENTRANT’S ACCESS TO AND USE OF SPONSOR’S SITE AND/OR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, AND/OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS CONTEST AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
14. Disputes; Governing Law. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Contest. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, City of New York.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Contest, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to the County of New York in the State of New York. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
16. List of Winners. To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by August 10, 2013 to Sponsor at 2K Games, Attn: WWE 2K14 Create a Cover Contest Winners List, 10 Hamilton Landing, Novato, CA, 94949.
17. Sponsor. The sponsor of the Contest (collectively, “Sponsor”) is 2K Games, a wholly owned subsidiary of the United States company Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., 10 Hamilton Landing, Novato, CA, 94949.
THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, TWITTER.
Maybe superstars confirmed