1116 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   ScHoolboy MOB

ScHoolboy MOB

Tinashe's Lover

• Supporter
  • 2,524 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

I haven't watched NXT as much as I used to simply because I can't find the time but man Sami Zayn should win that title. He's so over with that crowd and I think Bo should be where he should be right now as a heel because he's better at being one than a face. If CJ Parker's gimmick isn't working... then they need to change it, but he's still a pretty good wrestler though.

Paige and Summer Rae have great chemistry which leads to great matches which is why I still love that feud a lot, although I do think Paige should lose the title soon because she's getting too bland and stale to me. I think that Emma should be NXT champ or Summer right now honestly since I feel like they've earned it and established a presence with the crowd. Bayley's gimmick is adorable and I'm still waiting for more of Sasha's heel gimmick which I'm liking so far.

Enzo has mad presence and charisma and he's hilarious to me, and it's definitely working very well for him lol. I haven't seen much of Aiden but if his gimmick is working so well for him then I must see this, same with Rusev. Tyler Breeze since his debut has been hilarious at the start for me, there's always something I've found funny about that gimmick lol. Adrian Neville is a great wrestler and could be a great face/underdog but yeah he needs to work on his mic skills, good god he's my favorite wrestler on there and all but he sounds monotone.

Renee Young is just so pretty man, that's why everyone's in love with her lol. I practically have a schoolboy crush on her. Her and Regal are great on commentary, hell, they should be there weekly instead of changing during tapings lol.

OFFLINE   KingSchizo

KingSchizo

Jody Highroller

• 2,675 posts

Bo Dallas is hilarious as a heel lol

OFFLINE   L-DOPA

L-DOPA

Midcarder

• 986 posts

So I caught up with the last three NXT episodes. I cba to do a write up of all three episodes as it would take years so I'm going to bullet point what I feel are the talking points.

* Am I legit the only person who actually likes the Lana/Rusev pairing? I did feel it was rather weird teasing them together at first but after hearing Lana talk and them do a promo together it had me sold on the pair. They just click together. I don't know if it's the Eastern European connection or what but it's definitely working for me and it's something different too. I think some of you hate it because you have this fixed idea that a monster needs an extravagant/obnoxious/over the top male manager and that having a valet will make Rusev look weak. Which is absolute nonsense as evident by how strongly Rusev has come across on NXT. Even more so than when he was stuck in a team with Scott Dawson who if anything was holding Rusev back.

Impressed with Lana so far and I guess I'm in the minority again with that one. She has such a sexy accent too 7NQLK0j.png.

* Harper GkHkVKq.gif?1. Not only is he an absolute monster but his character comes across so well in matches. He has such unique offense and mannerisms. He actually looks and feels like a demented creature. Fantastic psychology as well used in his match with Ohno. Such ugly offense which was beautifully executed. Can't say enough good things about the man.

* Ohno looked decent against both Breeze and Harper but didn't really do anything to stand out in my mind. If Breeze was the last taping of Ohno at NXT then that was disappointing.

* Neville vs Graves 2 out of 3 falls was a good match. Better than their first. Good structure to the match overall and told a good story. Loved the ending which was built up to very well. Don't really like though that we got yet another 2 out of 3 falls match in a feud. If they aren't careful it's going to be a match that is over used and watered down in terms of NXT.

* Graves is so utterly lifeless and dull. Aside from Axel and Del Rio he has to be the most boring and uncharismatic wrestler in WWE. So utterly one dimensional. I mean does he even have a character? What is his character? I mean I get with Neville and Zayn they don't have overt characters because they can get over on their in ring ability and in Zayn's case his natural personality but with Graves and the way he looks you would think you could pinpoint his character down to the tee. Instead he is the definition of mediocre: a guy relying on his look and the fact he has the words "Stay Down" tattooed on his knuckles to have any sense of relevancy.

* Neville is still absolutely dreadful at cutting promos. His accent wouldn't be so bad if he could actually have delivery anything beyond plain, average and boring. That mixed in with his Geordie accent is an absolute killer in terms of actually wanting to hear anything he has to say.

* Charlotte's initial slap turning her heel against Bayley was beautifully done but the impact of it was immediately killed by her doing her stupid finisher. In a situation like this, a fancy finisher like that just kills the impact of a said heel turn. Her with the BFF's? Well it's not like Charlotte had a character to begin with but it really doesn't fit at first glance. The BFF's are supposed to be glamourous, snobby and sexy. Charlotte can be snobby but she is neither glamourous or sexy. Especially since Sasha turned up the glamour and sex appeal recently.

* Speaking of which, Sasha's new attire is amazing GkHkVKq.gif?1 GkHkVKq.gif?1 GkHkVKq.gif?1. So looking forward to see how she develops with her new BOSS character. Already has big potential. We'll see how it goes.

* Bayley after seeing her amazing NXT presentation promo and the last couple of weeks is cementing herself as a big favourite of mine. She is so good as the sympathetic lovable fan babyface. I love her to death and she has a big future ahead of her. Potential for sure GkHkVKq.gif?1.

* LOVED the backstage confrontation with Paige and Emma. So well done, so life like. Fantastic stuff. The build towards their rematch has been pure excellence thus far.

* Opening segment of the last NXT show was good if a little bit overhyped by some users here. Bo Dallas CxXL03Q.gif. Whilst there have been times where his promo work has still been cringe worthy I do feel like over the past few months he's been turning a corner. He has his new character nailed down very effectively. Great work. JBL was excellent as expected and Sami was very good too. Good segment.

* Beat the clock was done very well. Perfect timing and ending to Zayn's match and an effective promo by JBL afterwards. Zayn vs Neville? Yes please! GkHkVKq.gif?1.

* New backstage interviewer looks pretty sexy. She ain't no Renee Young though. Decent start on the job but again she ain't no Renee Young. Not even close a21t.png. On the opposite scale, terrible new ring announcer. Who was that by the way?

* Cesaro vs Regal GkHkVKq.gif?1 GkHkVKq.gif?1 GkHkVKq.gif?1

I think that's all I need to speak on? I skipped Mason Ryan obviously.

OFFLINE   ĐopeIntentions

ĐopeIntentions

- AZH -

• Supporter
  • 9,408 posts

Awards:

Users Awards
I wonder why WWE never signed Santana Garrett.. or Rosita..

OFFLINE   ĐopeIntentions

ĐopeIntentions

- AZH -

• Supporter
  • 9,408 posts

Awards:

Users Awards
I'm sad this thread died when it should be the most alive! I freakin love Tyler Breeze lol I really think he could be something especially with not only a female but a male fan base also. Adrian Neville is definetly NBT. CJ Parker..um..he's got skill & kind of funny..but idk where that B thinks he's at lol. I liked this match a lot.

http://youtu.be/ScwzcLW3-rI

OFFLINE   Jersey

Jersey

World Champion

• 9,330 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

Good question. Rosita should replace jojo.

OFFLINE   ĐopeIntentions

ĐopeIntentions

- AZH -

• Supporter
  • 9,408 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

Good question. Rosita should replace jojo.
Why replace when we can just add? :3 I love JoJo. She has more potential than a few divas I know.

OFFLINE   Jersey

Jersey

World Champion

• 9,330 posts

Awards:

Users Awards
I don't.

OFFLINE   ĐopeIntentions

ĐopeIntentions

- AZH -

• Supporter
  • 9,408 posts

Awards:

Users Awards
Can't wait for Kidd vs Breeze vs Sami tonight!

OFFLINE   KingSchizo

KingSchizo

Jody Highroller

• 2,675 posts
NXT is really amazing and a true gem indeed. Better than the main shows for sure.

OFFLINE   ĐopeIntentions

ĐopeIntentions

- AZH -

• Supporter
  • 9,408 posts

Awards:

Users Awards
More than half of people say Breeze is talented but they hate his gimmick lol.

OFFLINE   KingSchizo

KingSchizo

Jody Highroller

• 2,675 posts
His gimmick is amazing.

OFFLINE   ĐopeIntentions

ĐopeIntentions

- AZH -

• Supporter
  • 9,408 posts

Awards:

Users Awards
Tyler Breeze or Rico? Lol. Wait Rico had a homosexual gimmick i think?

OFFLINE   ĐopeIntentions

ĐopeIntentions

- AZH -

• Supporter
  • 9,408 posts

Awards:

Users Awards
For those who did not see the NXT Main Event

http://youtu.be/0ENzRxmvaGo

OFFLINE   KingSchizo

KingSchizo

Jody Highroller

• 2,675 posts

Breeze, his gimmick is awesome. As for Rico, always hated him on TV. Lol

OFFLINE   ĐopeIntentions

ĐopeIntentions

- AZH -

• Supporter
  • 9,408 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

Breeze, his gimmick is awesome. As for Rico, always hated him on TV. Lol

I just hope he doesn't get treated like Fandango. I'll cry.

OFFLINE   ĐopeIntentions

ĐopeIntentions

- AZH -

• Supporter
  • 9,408 posts

Awards:

Users Awards
Hmm if Summer Rae & Tyler Breeze would become a tag team..would it be..Summer Breeze? :P

http://youtu.be/01g8YZjzZo0

OFFLINE   Warrior Fan

Warrior Fan

Midcarder

• 798 posts

Hmm if Summer Rae & Tyler Breeze would become a tag team..would it be..Summer Breeze? :P

Sorry, I had to...

But seriously, I do think pairing them up together could make for very interesting and funny segments. There really is a lot of potential with such an idea.

OFFLINE   ĐopeIntentions

ĐopeIntentions

- AZH -

• Supporter
  • 9,408 posts

Awards:

Users Awards
These vids inspired me so much.

http://youtu.be/BgRH-4LmUMg
http://youtu.be/xcM7lzSJdNo
http://youtu.be/CWQvLrtEMRc

Sorry, I had to...

But seriously, I do think pairing them up together could make for very interesting and funny segments. There really is a lot of potential with such an idea.

They could make it believable too. Like Trish & Jericho.

OFFLINE   Jersey

Jersey

World Champion

• 9,330 posts

Awards:

Users Awards
Paige in that thumbnail looks so cute.

Sami Zayn vs Tyler Breeze might steal the show. But it might tie with Neville vs Kidd

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users