I was happy,But once I played it and Looked what was in it.. I was soo disappointed
Thought was going to be good but no.. Oh well.. Nomore WWE games for me not even 2k15,
I hate yukes, wwe and 2k sports
I should of gotten SR4
That's is all i wanted to share lol.
Another member on the forum shared his similar thoughts on the game in vivid detail.
Allow me to start by saying that I've been following these wrestling games since Super Nintendo.
A List Of Things That Suck:
1. This is literally the exact same game as WWE '13 (and '12, '11, '10, '09, '08, '07, etc). Everything is still identical from past games right down to the menus & options. If you've bought a WWE game in the last decade, you won't be needing this one.
2. The roster is absolutely horrendous. There is no denying it - every single wrestling game dating back to "NWO vs. WCW World Tour" has a better character list than WWE 2K14. As if WWE's roster isn't bad enough, they decided to throw in a handful of characters straight outta any old "WWE Legends" game, none of which I cared to play as after they were unlocked. Most characters are used twice as a "Retro" version to make it appear that this game has a vast character selection, when it does not. Thank god for CAW. All-star grandpas & new-school nobodies, all dressed in neon spandex underwear, sweet!
3. The amount of reversals performed by the AI during "30yrs of Wrestlemania" is beyond retarded. Having that amount of reversals immediately thrown in my face makes me not even want to play this hurtin' game. "Reversal" is the most used button in this game by far. Usually they give you 0.1 seconds to execute your reversal. It's disgusting how many reversals are performed throughout a match. A more suitable title for this game would be "Reversals 2K14".
4. You still can't throw people off the stage. You can't suplex people over the ropes to the mats. I seem to remember variations of this feature in earlier wrestling games... How hard is that for you guys?! Maybe change up the game's engine if it sucks too much for decently exciting action!! I want to set up a table outside the ring and suplex somebody off a ladder through that table, but you retards made that impossible - thanks! Oh, I guess that's too "hardcore" nowadays, it's not like anybody ever went sailing off the stage through a table or anything... This is a fighting game isn't it??
5. After back-to-back-to-back identical WWE games, this gameplay has become extremely repetitive, predictable & boring. They act like there's all these game modes, but 75% of the matches are the exact same thing. Extreme Rules & many other modes are basically useless. You can beat peoples heads in 10x better on a TLC match. They brought in multi-gender fighting, but not with weapons or anything. That's ok tho, I would rather use CAW To make my female characters anyway. That way I can make them out of a male's body & expose their bare nipples. WWE 2K15 doesn't stand a chance at this rate.
6. The commentary is emotionless & bland, more boring than ever. Don't take a year or 2 off to make a better game or anything guys, you're cool...
7. The audience looks like crap. They have a newschool looking crowd at the 80's Wrestlemania when Hogan body slammed Andre. The numerous rings are pointless for anything other than looks, as usual. Paul Bearer did not have red hair when he debuted with The Undertaker. What a bunch of sloppy lazy crap.
8. The camera angles are so boring. I saw 1 camera angle that impressed me the entire time I played through the campaign. It's like watching 2 corpses fight. It must be impossible for these people to innovate anything decent in this game these days.
9. The running & turnbuckle detection is terrible. Good luck heading up to the top rope when you need to. Why do they screw up their own button config every couple years? What a bunch of idiots. This game suffers from the same problem as GTA 5 - the character can't perform a 180• without performing a half-circle radius movement. Because in life, people can't change directions in their tracks or anything...
10. Tables will break by accident if you perform moves too close to them. "Man, that must have been a strong headbutt, because it just broke this table behind me!"
11. Certain buttons seem unresponsive at times. Strong Punch selectively works, and certain wrestlers' strikes can't break pins (ie. Randy Orton). It sure is cool when you suffer through a Triple Threat match only to get screwed by the game because you can't break a pin 10min into the match.
12. "Road To Wrestlemania" is the only campaign mode on this game, and it SUCKS.
13. You can beat the snot out of somebody for 15min straight, then they'll reversal you outta nowhere, land their special move (that they somehow have without landing a punch), and pin you. It's so stupid.
2K - Don't start doing this "We release a game every single year because we're a sports franchise" B.S.
Wrestling is not a sports franchise, it's entertainment. This game is not entertaining, it's crap. Take a year or 2 off and make a game that isn't junk. You think you're missing out on huge profits, but there isn't going to be any profits when your product sucks every time!
*** Here's some food for thought: When WCW released their first N64 game "WCW vs. NWO: World Tour", it caught the attention of every single kid out there with a Nintendo (and then some). It was a good game & people wanted to play it. What this resulted in, was that people were subliminally learning about what was going on in WCW at the time. I had no idea that Hogan was a bad guy before "World Tour". I didn't know what NWO was prior to this game either. It was "World Tour" that brought the massive tidal wave of attention to the wrestling industry more than anything else. Wrestling exploded immediately after the first N64 title was released, with all the attention going toward WCW. You could almost say that the N64 "World Tour" game sparked the match of what was to come in the industry, with "Revenge" following it up, and "Wrestlemania 2000" carrying through after WWE took over in the ratings. With that type of power at stake, why do they continue to put out crappy wrestling games year after year??? I swear, they honestly want their product suck...
Haven't actually played the game but from my experience i think that i feel this one too.
1.Almost same game with little improvement every year
2.Roster seems actually one of the best rosters ever.
3.Reversing, well yeah its wrestling..
4.Sad that you can't do those stuff.
5.Well, in my opinion there is still some kind of unpredictably.
6.Indeed, you just can hear them read the script.
7.Same audience since 08/09..is it that hard to change the audience? lol
10. Wind has probably knocked table down lol
12. I actually enjoyed RTWM
I made a thread before reading this:
Every year cycle needs to stop