28 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Goldberg

Goldberg

Bah gawd

• Supporter
  • 4,834 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

WWE and 2k profits from it but do the gamers also profit? Why do we need a new game every year, why can't 2k but to some real effort in making a complete over the top wrestling game? Its get the same as the whole COD thing (sorry to all cod gamers) stale. Cmon lets be honest, even if we say that we don't like the current game we will buy the next one (i not tho lol). Why would 2k or WWE care about the yearly release, since they know that there are always going to be gamers who are buying it.

What if WWE and 2k release the game every 3-5 years?

Positive:

Updated graphics and gameplay

Can spend enough time with created content

Can spend enough time with the wrestlers and divas.

Serie doesn't get that stale

Huge roster (probably?)

Tons of creation options

Improved online

More time for testing

Negative:

The wait

Do people agree with this?

OFFLINE   Who's Jag?

Who's Jag?

Undercard

• 323 posts

The only thing that would suck is the roster would out dated after a year... People would just rage without enough spots for CAWs and out dated superstars... Imagine playing SvR 2011 with all of the new stuff introduced in WWE.. Just imagine..

OFFLINE   EvilMeansLive

EvilMeansLive

Midcarder

• 502 posts
  • EvilMeansLive

Awards:

Users Awards

Well, this would be really bad. The roster/superstars would be outdated. And not everyone is going to want to play online. WWE 2k14 is getting boring to me already. I finished the story and now it is just online. Plus arenas, mostly every year is a new arena for every PPV. It wouldn't make sense to have a 2013 arena in 2016. Just saying.

OFFLINE   Mystique™

Mystique™

• 1,698 posts

Actually, graphics improves on consoles according to the development team's familiarity with the console's hardware. They've been doing wrestling games on the PS3 & the Xbox since 2007, I am sure they were already familiar with both consoles' capabilties by 2010 or whatever, hence why, the polygon count remained basically the same since SVR 2011.  

OFFLINE   Noob Saibot

Noob Saibot

ChampOwensChamp

• Hall of Fame
  • 14,518 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

That can be said of FIFA , NBA , NHL ... But they will be released every year no matter what ...

OFFLINE   Robstar_97

Robstar_97

Undercard

• 395 posts
I think a year is long enough as long as 2k put all there effort into it which I'm sure they will 2k14 isn't out of this world or anything but ten times better than anything thq has give us in years and also when you think about it we haven't got anything from 2k yet because really and truley this is thqs game 2k just made it happen I honnestly believe 2k15 will be something special and not just an update like we have had over the last couple of years

OFFLINE   Goldberg

Goldberg

Bah gawd

• Supporter
  • 4,834 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

The only thing that would suck is the roster would out dated after a year... People would just rage without enough spots for CAWs and out dated superstars... Imagine playing SvR 2011 with all of the new stuff introduced in WWE.. Just imagine..

dlc

Well, this would be really bad. The roster/superstars would be outdated. And not everyone is going to want to play online. WWE 2k14 is getting boring to me already. I finished the story and now it is just online. Plus arenas, mostly every year is a new arena for every PPV. It wouldn't make sense to have a 2013 arena in 2016. Just saying.

dlc

That can be said of FIFA , NBA , NHL ... But they will be released every year no matter what ...

Not playing those games.

I think a year is long enough as long as 2k put all there effort into it which I'm sure they will 2k14 isn't out of this world or anything but ten times better than anything thq has give us in years and also when you think about it we haven't got anything from 2k yet because really and truley this is thqs game 2k just made it happen I honnestly believe 2k15 will be something special and not just an update like we have had over the last couple of years

Hopefully, however if 2k15 is also the same old game. Then we probably got our answer.

OFFLINE   35antonio

35antonio

Best in the World

• Supporter
  • 1,835 posts
  • cmantonio

Awards:

Users Awards
I agree with 2 years of wait with 1 DLC per month with the new superstars, arenas, moves etc

OFFLINE   Goldberg

Goldberg

Bah gawd

• Supporter
  • 4,834 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

I agree with 2 years of wait with 1 DLC per month with the new superstars, arenas, moves etc

Antonio! :P

Yep, this is probably the best way for them to do. It's annoying when you download some created stuff, that you can't actually spend that much time on it because before we know a new wwe game arrives.

OFFLINE   Robstar_97

Robstar_97

Undercard

• 395 posts
But do we really want a game that we have to keep paying for for 2 years just keep it up to date

OFFLINE   Goldberg

Goldberg

Bah gawd

• Supporter
  • 4,834 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

But do we really want a game that we have to keep paying for for 2 years just keep it up to date

Would you rather have a complete game or have almost the same game every year. I can only see benefits. The crowd...same one as 08/09, lol.

OFFLINE   Loves2Spoon

Loves2Spoon

Till im Victorious!

• Supporter
  • 11,927 posts

Awards:

Users Awards
I don't mind annual. They have the ability just lack effort and plans.

OFFLINE   Andy The Honey Head

Andy The Honey Head

The Shovel is coming

• Supporter
  • 2,591 posts

Awards:

Users Awards
I prefer the yearly "updates" style where it's basically the same game but improved and slowly it gets better and better over the years. If say they're was a three year wait wed all be playing as Cm punk with the hair and beard

OFFLINE   Robstar_97

Robstar_97

Undercard

• 395 posts
Don't get me wrong your idea of all the benefits are great but I just don't see many people being interested in paying out for dlc every month for two whole years when there are other games to buy and other dlc to download I truley believe they should really just put all there effort in which they haven't been doing but if the rumors are true of Cory and Aubrey leaving things can only get better

OFFLINE   Cage

Cage

Midcarder

• 672 posts

The former I can agree with, the latter only partially.

My CAWs are never really what one would define as "finished", because I'm always making little tiny tweaks here and there. But then the next game comes and I have to basically reinvent the wheel. I mean, if they're going to leave CAW mode untouched, the least they can do is try to give us the ability to import our CAWs from the previous game (though I won't proclaim to know how to program such a feature since I'm not a programmer).

I would only consider certain characters to be interesting enough to keep me entertained over a 3 to 5 year period. Off the top of my head using WWE 13 as an example, it'd be MoD Undertaker (who I'd personally be perfectly happy having every year), the New Age Outlaws, the APA, Ken Shamrock, Gangrel, Mankind, Cactus Jack, Booker T, and X-Pac, and Lita. The likes of Sheamus, Santino Marella, Christian, Cody Rhodes, and Zack Ryder, I'd quickly tire of.

And then of course there'd be the constant moaning about the lack of NXT nobodies and low carders like Tyson Kidd and Trent Beretta to deal with.

OFFLINE   Goldberg

Goldberg

Bah gawd

• Supporter
  • 4,834 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

The former I can agree with, the latter only partially.

My CAWs are never really what one would define as "finished", because I'm always making little tiny tweaks here and there. But then the next game comes and I have to basically reinvent the wheel. I mean, if they're going to leave CAW mode untouched, the least they can do is try to give us the ability to import our CAWs from the previous game (though I won't proclaim to know how to program such a feature since I'm not a programmer).

I would only consider certain characters to be interesting enough to keep me entertained over a 3 to 5 year period. Off the top of my head using WWE 13 as an example, it'd be MoD Undertaker (who I'd personally be perfectly happy having every year), the New Age Outlaws, the APA, Ken Shamrock, Gangrel, Mankind, Cactus Jack, Booker T, and X-Pac, and Lita. The likes of Sheamus, Santino Marella, Christian, Cody Rhodes, and Zack Ryder, I'd quickly tire of.

And then of course there'd be the constant moaning about the lack of NXT nobodies and low carders like Tyson Kidd and Trent Beretta to deal with.

This.

Caw makers  seems to be frustrated with this. Caw mode indeed seem to be untouched  so why can't we import? I feel actually bad for the caw makers for going through the whole creation thing almost every year again.

For the people that really seem to want the nxt guys, give them DLC and then everyone is probably happy.

OFFLINE   ShutYoMouth

ShutYoMouth

Attitude

• Banned
  • 2,889 posts

Awards:

Users Awards
WWE Should released the games Every 3 years, and instead of calling the games 2k with a year after it (Example: WWE 2K16), they should go back to the SmackDown Series. In the time gap in between the 3 years, they could just release DLC and Update Models and what not. It'd pay off big time.

OFFLINE   SpikeBCB

SpikeBCB

Backyard Wrestler

• 5 posts
  • CreativeGeniusS

I don't agree with waiting 3 to 5 years for a new game but I do believe they should have held off on the current release for a year. no one would have blamed them because of Thq's bankruptcy and the could have used the time to perfect what they already had or completely rebuild and make something epic as sort of a new beginning for the 2K version of the series. Plus 30 years of wrestlemania mode would have actually spanned 30 years and not just 29.

OFFLINE   Goldberg

Goldberg

Bah gawd

• Supporter
  • 4,834 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

WWE Should released the games Every 3 years, and instead of calling the games 2k with a year after it (Example: WWE 2K16), they should go back to the SmackDown Series. In the time gap in between the 3 years, they could just release DLC and Update Models and what not. It'd pay off big time.

Pretty much this.

I don't agree with waiting 3 to 5 years for a new game but I do believe they should have held off on the current release for a year. no one would have blamed them because of Thq's bankruptcy and the could have used the time to perfect what they already had or completely rebuild and make something epic as sort of a new beginning for the 2K version of the series. Plus 30 years of wrestlemania mode would have actually spanned 30 years and not just 29.

Ok, maybe 3-5 years is a bit too long. Mwah..3 years seem to be decent. Enough to fix the hair flaw lol.

OFFLINE   ShutYoMouth

ShutYoMouth

Attitude

• Banned
  • 2,889 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

Here's the reason why the game should be released every 3 years rather than yearly. The Games were released every year in the past (before PS3 & X-Box360) because things like DLC and updates didn't exist, therefore you'd get new Superstars who didn't make the game in the previous year. On top of that, the Games of the past would change every year, with new features and all. Currently WWE Games never change, it has the same modes every year, and they can just use DLC to get newer stars and Modes into the games. Rather than yearly releasing the same Game with new people every year. It's a waste of money on WWE and the game developers part. So every 3 years would be much more suitable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users