Rockstar seems to have leaked information in its own game, including a first person mode for on foot and in vehicles.
The information comes from a now deleted page from Rockstar’s own support site, which someone on Reddit spotted and used Google cache to retrieve.
Assuming this isn’t some kind of fake the support page appears to be a work in progress, complete with unfinished text, and if it is legit was presumably put up before it was finished.
The first two paragraphs are all the stuff we know already, about improved graphics, higher traffic density, and increased draw distance. But after that is an incomplete list of other new features:
- A brand new first person mode for vehicles that shows the interior of the vehicle, including working speedometers, tachometers, dash lights, and more
- A brand new first person mode while on foot
- A wealth of new Easter eggs and random events for Story Mode
- New animals roaming Los Santos
- Animals in GTA Online?
- Players that transfer characters from Xbox 360 or PS3 will receive free new weapons and a free garage in GTA Online.
- Newly overhauled character selection screen
Until Rockstar officially announce them it’s best not to take these features as read, as even if they intend to include them at the moment they could still take them out before release if they’re unstable.
Grand Theft Auto V on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 will be released on Tuesday, November 18. The PC version has been delayed until January 27 next year.