Welcome to TheSmackDownHotel.com Forum
STOP! You are not currently registered at TheSmackDownHotel! Become a member FOR FREE to gain complete and exclusive access to all our features. Benefits include:
  • Your own personal account with a unique username, which you can edit and accessorize with avatars, signatures, profile banners and an About Me page.
  • Create topics and contribute freely to the forum by posting and participating in discussions and competitions.
  • Be the first to be informed and to comment about the latest on wrestling and WWE Games and share your creations with the community.
  • Get your own Private Messenger, manage your profile, and much much more!

Registration is FREE and only takes a moment to complete!

Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Making of WWE 2K15: Part 2

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Loves2Spoon

Loves2Spoon

Till im Victorious!

• 11,927 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

Amazing to see Zayn's best moves in the game ! Didn't expected that DDT in to be honest , so it's a great surprise !

I see some great new moves added !

Cesaro mocapped the move from the orner , but it was added as an apron move ? :(

Maybe it can be done both ways? Dunno really. It's not a deal breaker to me as I'm just glad it's in to begin with.
Apparently its a OMG moment.

That I knew.

So it likely starts as a apron move.

OFFLINE   Noob Saibot

Noob Saibot

ChampOwensChamp

• 14,518 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

Loves2Spoon there's a video of it .

OFFLINE   Loves2Spoon

Loves2Spoon

Till im Victorious!

• 11,927 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

Yeah i seen it -.-
Why does it actually originate from the corner?

OFFLINE   Tamer

Tamer

• Supporter
  • 4,083 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

Yeah i seen it -.-
Why does it actually originate from the corner?
I don't know to be honest. I'd think he did it from there to have better leverage, but wouldn't the ropes just make him look stronger with just that little less assistance?

OFFLINE   y2jerichoholic

y2jerichoholic

Midcarder

• 546 posts

Everything's already mentioned the positives so I'll delve into the negatives.

Some of King's generic commentary is left in. They sell us EVERY YEAR on there being 10 times as much commentary as last time. (going by their count there should be 100x as much commentary now as there was in SVR 2006.) Have they faked us out again?

The moves on the outside still don't look realistic. Some of this is the graphics/engine of the mats outside looking soft, and some of it's motion capture. There should be sound effects and impact damage for moves on the outside. 

OFFLINE   35antonio

35antonio

Best in the World

• Supporter
  • 1,835 posts
  • cmantonio

Awards:

Users Awards

Some of King's generic commentary is left in. They sell us EVERY YEAR on there being 10 times as much commentary as last time. (going by their count there should be 100x as much commentary now as there was in SVR 2006.) Have they faked us out again?

The moves on the outside still don't look realistic. Some of this is the graphics/engine of the mats outside looking soft, and some of it's motion capture. There should be sound effects and impact damage for moves on the outside. 

I smell that the new commentary lines are only from the showcase, MyCareer and the new superstars

OFFLINE   SilverBullet1929

SilverBullet1929

Undercard

• 373 posts

This is so true about the commentary along with a few other things. They always start off by saying "last year's game was good but there's a few things we had our hands tied with but THIS YEAR we finally got it right and now you'll get the best game ever." Then a year later they repeat the saying that the previous years game wasn't where they wanted it to be so the next one is the best. So if you go back through the years they've said that every game is both the best one yet and at the same time it wasnt up to par. Shoot me.

OFFLINE   Punk_fan

Punk_fan

Jobber

• 216 posts

This is so true about the commentary along with a few other things. They always start off by saying "last year's game was good but there's a few things we had our hands tied with but THIS YEAR we finally got it right and now you'll get the best game ever." Then a year later they repeat the saying that the previous years game wasn't where they wanted it to be so the next one is the best. So if you go back through the years they've said that every game is both the best one yet and at the same time it wasnt up to par. Shoot me.

Yeah, you gotta love all the tap dancing they do back and forth when it comes to hyping a game up.  First, it's the best of any other game, then later it's always revisionists history.  Why not be honest for once and actually admit that there's always something to improve on?  At least that would sound better than feeding us a crap sandwich and hoping no one will notice. 

Although I definitely see areas for improvement like commentary and the ridding of glitches, I see this as a landmark turning point for WWE games.  This is the first full calendar year 2K has had the WWE games, and it's already starting to show IMO.  All of the stuff I've seen on the game looks impressive, considering most if not all of it is early builds of the game.  Meaning it should only improve once we get the final version. 

OFFLINE   GhostFan

GhostFan

Main Eventer

• 2,735 posts

I think the commentary bit comes from having to do commentary for Showcase mode and new superstars/divas. I'm still hoping that they pull it together before the release. I wish JBL was on commentary but oh well. Seems like it's too much work. 

OFFLINE   Loves2Spoon

Loves2Spoon

Till im Victorious!

• 11,927 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

I think the commentary bit comes from having to do commentary for Showcase mode and new superstars/divas. I'm still hoping that they pull it together before the release. I wish JBL was on commentary but oh well. Seems like it's too much work. 

They honestly need it. JBL would finally free us from this horrid SVR07 commentary.

OFFLINE   Punk_fan

Punk_fan

Jobber

• 216 posts

Hopefully since these are early builds and demos we are seeing, the finished product will be a lot better.  I'm really disappointed JBL isn't on the announce team in the game this year.  He's been back over 2 years now and brings more insight into the commentary than Cole or Lawler combined.  Plus, he points out things I as a fan notice so you can tell he still loves the business.  For him not to be in the game is a bad decision IMO, but it's understandable that would be too time consuming.  I'd think they could take The King out this year and have Cole and JBL do the in game commentary this year to be different. Of course, as long as it is improved, then I can appreciate the upgrade.  Assuming it is the same commentary, then maybe we will get an option to turn it off.  Either way, I wouldn't read too much into the commentary being bad yet because these are probably much earlier builds of the game.

OFFLINE   GhostFan

GhostFan

Main Eventer

• 2,735 posts
I agree. I hate that I won't be playing with page because they believe I care for showcase mode. That's such a fucking low blow.

OFFLINE   SilverBullet1929

SilverBullet1929

Undercard

• 373 posts
Even if you did care about Showcase mode, $25 for Paige and those showcases is still an absurd price considering it doesn't include much else.

I still can't get passed that.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VIDEOS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users