Photo

A lot of Match Types Removed as well...I'm afraid I've got even more bad news...

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Andy Badwool

Andy Badwool

Best In The World

• Owner
  • 3,410 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

If you thought the previous-gen versions of WWE 2K15 had missing features, Bad News Barrett has some more bad news. The current-gen versions will be also missing a ton of match types.

We already know a ton of create features are now gone from WWE 2K15. Players can no longer create Divas, Arenas, Championships, Finishers, Stories, or give custom theme music to wrestlers.

The missing match types in WWE 2K15 are very bewildering. It’s being noted there are absolutely no Handicap matches featured in the entire game, and Ladder Match can only be done in 6-man. Other match types including 2 vs 2, Triple Threat, Fatal 4 Way/4-Man, and 6-Man are all quite scaled down from what the game had in the previous year  and none of the modes taken out of the game have had much explanation from the studio as to why they were.

A helpful NeoGAF user has posted everything he noticed that is MISSING in WWE 2K15. Things NOT in PS4/Xbox One WWE 2K15:

Creation modes
 -Replay
- Create a Diva
- Create a Title
- Create an Arena
- Custom Themes
- All custom entrances other than the guy talking on his phone. Only roster member entrances
- Create a Finisher
- Create a Story
- Edit Superstar Threads (Edit Superstar takes up a CAW slot)
- 75 less caw slots
- Unable to change the color of wrestler's face paint even with Edit Superstar (sting, warrior, etc..)
- The match creator is gone. That means any sort of stipulations like finisher match, turning off countout, first blood matches or DQ in any match type and the like are gone. As for specific modes:

1 vs 1:

- Inferno
- Ladder
- I Quit
- 2 out of 3 Falls
- Special Referee (yet is in the showcase mode)
- Casket (yet is in the Showcase mode)
- 3 stages of hell (Yet is in the showcase mode)
- Backstage Brawl

2 vs 2:

- Tornado Tag
- Extreme Rules
- Hell in a Cell
- Ladder
- Steel Cage
- Table
- TLC
- Elimination Tornado
- Elimination Table
- Mixed
- Backstage Brawl

Triple Threat:

- Falls Count Anywhere
- 2 out of 3 Falls
- No DQ
- Ladder
- Steel Cage
- TLC
- Backstage Brawl

Fatal 4 Way/4-Man:

- Battle Royal
- Hell in a Cell
- Ladder
- Steel Cage
- Table
- TLC
- Falls Count Anywhere
- 2 out of 3 Falls
- No DQ
- Backstage Brawl

6-Man:

- Elimination Chamber Tag
- Championship Scramble (Was removed in 2k14, but notable still)

Handicap Matches

- All handicap matches

Edited by Andy Badwool, 18 November 2014 - 10:24 AM.

OFFLINE   xBlack Widow 96

xBlack Widow 96

Superstar

• 1,545 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

I'm still super excited for this game, but I cant believe they removed special referee mode again. It took so long to get it back, and now they just ditch it? Ugh...

OFFLINE   Hardkore jai

Hardkore jai

The Renegade Vigilante

• 3,149 posts

Lol wow Paul is pretty pissed! Lol I'm not too bothered by it but in Luke see why he would be

OFFLINE   y2jerichoholic

y2jerichoholic

Midcarder

• 546 posts

The excuse of building a game from scratch is ridiculous, considering the amount of shit they've left in from the previous 10 years. 

OFFLINE   Hardkore jai

Hardkore jai

The Renegade Vigilante

• 3,149 posts
That was thq not 2k

OFFLINE   Hyper Bole

Hyper Bole

Jobber

• 110 posts

This... sucks...

OFFLINE   Tamer

Tamer

• Supporter
  • 4,083 posts

Awards:

Users Awards
I can see why people would be angry with Handicap matches being removed, everything else I can live without.

OFFLINE   CM Pier

CM Pier

Straight Edge SDH Supporter

• Supporter
  • 8,517 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

They have NO excuse for this... seriously?!

OFFLINE   KingSchizo

KingSchizo

Jody Highroller

• 2,675 posts
You know I've tries to play both sides of the fence. Defending 2K and blaming Yukes. But to be honest I'm going to be completely unbiased. I think the overall cutbacks aren't as bad on the surface, excluding no create a diva. That to me is completely unacceptable. But everything else seems to make sense. If it means less glitches and more focus on the gameplay then I'm all for it THIS YEAR. But 2K16 really needs to be a more polished experience when it comes to creation and match modes they removed. Creating a game from scratch can indeed be tricky. And I'm sure they didn't want to cut stuff back but I can understand why. Again, but no divas is unacceptable. But I'm all for them doing what is needed for the betterment of the series. ALSO, they really need to get rid of Yukes. Yukes develops the game and is still pure lazy at times. The menu design is lazy, the screens look lazy. Yukes has been coasting along for so long while THQ got the blame a lot of times. And I foresee 2K obtaining the same fate.

OFFLINE   Noob Saibot

Noob Saibot

ChampOwensChamp

• Hall of Fame
  • 14,518 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

This is next gen guys ! Better graphics but loose a lot of options !

This is ridiculous and there's no excuse for it ... It feels like last gen game will actually be the superior edition ... I mean , it's a copy and paste of 2K14 , but it has more features and matches , and that's saying something ...

If you appreciate a good wrestling game , don't buy this . People can't allow this to happen .

OFFLINE   KingSchizo

KingSchizo

Jody Highroller

• 2,675 posts
^but Next Gen has better gameplay is which overall is more important than the last gen version which has no gameplay improvements and still glitches gameplay.

OFFLINE   ShutYoMouth

ShutYoMouth

Attitude

• Banned
  • 2,889 posts

Awards:

Users Awards
Oh geez. Here with this "They had to start from Scratch" bull shit. Did they have to remove stuff when they transitioned in the old school SmackDown games? Yes. But the difference is it was a better formula. So far the only things they have to defend these removals are Career Mode and better graphics, which is why most of you biased viewed fans are buying the game. In reality this is garbage. You might as well play SVR08 on PS3 and X-Box 360 if that is all you're buying the game for. And even then, you can create a Diva, a title, and play GM Mode along with a "Career Mode" so to speak.

OFFLINE   KingSchizo

KingSchizo

Jody Highroller

• 2,675 posts
The gameplay improvements are MILES ahead of the last gen version. So graphics isn't why EVERYONE is buying. Don't group us all in a category please.

OFFLINE   Hardkore jai

Hardkore jai

The Renegade Vigilante

• 3,149 posts

Let me ask you a simple question? Name one debut sports series on next gen that didn't have their game stripped down?

Thing is, if thq had fixed these issues last gen we probably wouldn't be having this conversation. I get you're upset but the fact is the ladder match has been glitched for years same as handicap and elimination tornado matches (not the ec one) where if a member of your team was eliminated you'd not be able to control the other person or teams becoming transposed or my personal hated glitch, ladder matches glitching out of the arena's invisible wall. So yeah this needed to be done. I don't like how they went about being so secretive about it and leaving it up to us to find out about it either thru leaked footage or on our own, but it is what it is and needed to be done

OFFLINE   ShutYoMouth

ShutYoMouth

Attitude

• Banned
  • 2,889 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

The gameplay improvements are MILES ahead of the last gen version. So graphics isn't why EVERYONE is buying. Don't group us all in a category please.

If this game looked like a old Gameboy WWF Game, I don't think you'd be buying it. So technically, yes you are buying for graphics genius.

OFFLINE   Hardkore jai

Hardkore jai

The Renegade Vigilante

• 3,149 posts

You know I've tries to play both sides of the fence. Defending 2K and blaming Yukes. But to be honest I'm going to be completely unbiased. I think the overall cutbacks aren't as bad on the surface, excluding no create a diva. That to me is completely unacceptable. But everything else seems to make sense. If it means less glitches and more focus on the gameplay then I'm all for it THIS YEAR. But 2K16 really needs to be a more polished experience when it comes to creation and match modes they removed. Creating a game from scratch can indeed be tricky. And I'm sure they didn't want to cut stuff back but I can understand why. Again, but no divas is unacceptable. But I'm all for them doing what is needed for the betterment of the series. ALSO, they really need to get rid of Yukes. Yukes develops the game and is still pure lazy at times. The menu design is lazy, the screens look lazy. Yukes has been coasting along for so long while THQ got the blame a lot of times. And I foresee 2K obtaining the same fate.

Wow nice post! You get it.

Thing is, if thq hadn't been so over incident in mr u-draw, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation lol

OFFLINE   ShutYoMouth

ShutYoMouth

Attitude

• Banned
  • 2,889 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

Let me ask you a simple question? Name one debut sports series on next gen that didn't have their game stripped down?
The UFC Game.

OFFLINE   Hardkore jai

Hardkore jai

The Renegade Vigilante

• 3,149 posts

The UFC Game.

Stupid response as expected. It was the first of the series they didnt keep anything from Any of the previous thq UFC games so your response is ill refuted

OFFLINE   ShutYoMouth

ShutYoMouth

Attitude

• Banned
  • 2,889 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

The UFC Game.
Stupid response as expected. It was the first of the series they didnt keep anything from Any of the previous thq UFC games so your response is ill refuted
Not exactly. Gameplay is the same, just a little easier with Flow on Next Gen. But Mr. Pro 2 (thats you Cindy), doesn't see the similarities.

OFFLINE   Mohd Jeffrey Zin

Mohd Jeffrey Zin

Midcarder

• 882 posts

Well I'll be damned.

this is definitely a bad news.

THIS is the reason why I always be cautious about 2k15 & I was right! I freaking told you people that next gen version is still missing it's features just like last gen & it will definitely weaponize review embargo. If 2k didn't get their shit together next year for 2k16, they'll get fucked. Feel it, more like feel rip off. This could be an another sonic boom game which it also didn't get any good reviews.

but anyway I still can't believe others didn't wanna listen & agree to my honest thoughts about it couple of weeks ago till they started to insult me till i get offended sometimes? I guess I maybe lack of sense & confidences from what I speak all the time...

Edited by Jeffrey Zin, 16 November 2014 - 11:55 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NEWS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users