I don't talk about TNA in my classic rants enough. That's a shame considering that TNA has been fighting hard to be an alternative to WWE and they deserve to be acknowledged. As for the Indie Leagues, when I watch enough matches, I'll consider doing a countdown. But for right now, this is Classic's Top 15 TNA Matches.
- 8 Mile Street Fight (Rhino vs Christian) at BFG 2006: This was one of the very first TNA matches I watched and I enjoyed every bit of it. It sold Rhino's story of trying to fight his enemy even with a concussion. It made Christian a good heel and made me feel so bad for Rhino especially at the end. Combine with that numerous memorable spots and you have my number one TNA match.
- Ultimate X Match at BFG 2009: This match was everything I loved about the Ultimate X match. Wild and crazy spots, insane moves from the top rope and a dose of Suicide. what that equaled was the insanity of this match. This match was my introduction to one, Amazing Red.
- Samoa Joe vs Kurt Angle (Lockdown 2008): Kurt Angle and Samoa Joe worked together so well. And this match is the final example. Both guys treated this match kinda like a MMA fight and I wasn't expecting that seeing their other matches. It really sold the match for me and places itself as the best Kurt Angle vs Samoa Joe match I've seen.
- AJ Styles vs Samoa Joe (TP 2005): A cool match in which I got to see how dominant Samoa Joe could be in his youth. He's not at the prime he was back then with this match but I feel that Samoa Joe couldn't disappoint me. AJ Styles was selling for Joe like a boss during this match and his dropkick.....man.....Dolph Ziggler be d*mned.
- Fish Market Street Fight at Destination X 2008: What a fishy match this was. Sorry, I'm going to make a lot of lame fish puns but I don't care. I'd give this match 4 out of 5 pieces of salmon. Okay, I'm done being a lame lake trout. Seriously, this match was wild, crazy, fishy and funny. Higlights include: Bubba Ray fishing, Bubba's blind 3D on Devon, WASSUP Headbutts with the Fish in the nuts and Devine eating some wood.
- Kurt Angle vs Samoa Joe (GN 2006): The build was amazing, Kurt bleeding like animal and Joe fighting to maintain his undefeated streak. What a match this was. Kurt and Joe are like magic in the ring. A fight that led to Joe finally tapping out and a ending leading to the next encounter which is in the list as well.
- Rhino vs Abyss (AAO 2006): A simple violent match between two big man. It had a staple gun, a trophy, a lot of tables and ended with one of the most iconic images in TNA's history. Abyss falling thru 2 tables at the hands of Rhino with a GORE GORE GORE!
- Abyss vs Sabu in Barbed Wire Massacre (TP 2005): With this match, I felt like TNA was trying to be like ECW way too much especially with Sabu who was in the most brutal Barbed Wire Massacre match I've ever seen. But with that said, this match was fun. It's quite hysterical watching the guys try to irish whip and they notice that it's nothing but barbed wire around them.
- James Storm vs Bobby Roode (BFG 2012): What a violent match these two had. The build was great with Bobby Roode costing Storm the title and Storm wanting revenge. Add King Mo and you got this wild gem. This match was awesome and I kinda wished that Storm has connected with the Eye of the Storm thru that glass announce table. it would of gotten a big reaction out of me.
- Kurt Angle vs Samoa Joe (TP 2006): The rematch that we had been waiting for and the match that made Kurt lose his marbles. I think this was the match where after Kurt lost, he went insane. He attacked Don West and So Cal Val before Jim Cornette finally gave Kurt his next shot at Joe. This match shows how great Kurt and Joe work well together in the ring.
- LAX vs Styles and Daniels (BFG 2006): Yeesh, this match introduced me to LAX and man, those guys were some ruthless motherf*ckers. Forks being used as weapon was completely new to me in wrestling and Homicide introduced me to it. Big Super Mex tho......he's an animal. That clothesline to AJ Styles....was mind blowing. Then again, so was the Gringo Killa that followed.
- Monster's Ball 2 (BFG 2005): Abyss vs Rhino vs Sabu vs Jeff Hardy equals violence at a slow but intense pace. That Rhino Driver at the end tho made me cringe quite a bit.
- Jeff Hardy vs Raven (Lockdown 2005): I didn't know that Jeff Hardy was even in TNA. Not till a few years ago. Now, that I'm watching thru TNA. I know that this match was pretty fun especially with the crazy missed table spots.
- Monster's Ball Tag Team Match (BFG 2008): This match was wild in it's self. The only issue I had with it is.....Mongo was taking forever man. His counts were slow as all h*ll.
- Full Metal Mayhem Tag Team Match (BFG 2009): Two tag title belts on the line, lovely. What wasn't lovely....Booker T getting injured. Kinda made it obvious that the Main Event Mafia wasn't going to win.
Special Nominees: America's Most Wanted vs Triple X, AJ Styles vs Abyss (Lockdown 2005, I think?) and Monster's Ball (Raven vs Monty Brown vs Abyss)