Photo

SDH May 2015 Group Updates

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 120 days old. Post only if you have something relevant to add to the discussion.

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Main Eventer

• 3,638 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

Everyone should start campaigning [emoji23]

Indeed. #ItsTamerTime will run wild on SDH.
:nope: Its Steve's Revolution Now!!! :)
Nope, in August #BashkaForSDHSupporter will run wid in the superdome, brother.
Ohh!! :scared:

Edited by Steve, 28 May 2015 - 12:34 PM.

OFFLINE   RKHT8709

RKHT8709

Stephanos Oro Sonne Ramsteen

• 10,904 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

It should be noted that anyone that's going to campaign for a position won't be considered.

Good job getting yourselves demoted guys, now we can save space for the next brand of candidates awaiting staff approvals. P.S. don't let the title go to your head.

OFFLINE   Bashka

Bashka

Undisputed.

• Supporter
  • 1,199 posts
  • n/a
  • CPTGx SH0CK
  • n/a

Awards:

Users Awards

It should be noted that anyone that's going to campaign for a position won't be considered.

Good job getting yourselves demoted guys, now we can save space for the next brand of candidates awaiting staff approvals. P.S. don't let the title go to your head.

It was a joke anyway, lol. But thanks.

OFFLINE   Alex

Alex

• 9,184 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

I disagree, I think that's a bit harsh RK. I'm not going to not consider someone for promotion just because they are doing a campaign.

Didn't want to come off as a dick or anything but I do completely respect your opinion though my friend and can understand it absolutely.

Edited by Alex, 29 May 2015 - 06:29 PM.

OFFLINE   Sir Vee Wells

Sir Vee Wells

What do I even put here?

• Hall of Fame
  • 4,636 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

57017801.jpg

OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Main Eventer

• 3,638 posts

Awards:

Users Awards
Sir Vee Wells!!feeling nice to see You Back!! :)

OFFLINE   Wpr96

Wpr96

Tribal Chief.

• Hall of Fame
  • 21,031 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

I disagree, I think that's a bit harsh RK. I'm not going to not consider someone for promotion just because they are doing a campaign.

Agreed.

OFFLINE   Static

Static

World Champion

• 8,420 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

tumblr_n6zdmspPiE1skh0gdo1_400.gif

OFFLINE   Sir Vee Wells

Sir Vee Wells

What do I even put here?

• Hall of Fame
  • 4,636 posts

Awards:

Users Awards
I don't entirely disagree with RK here. The way he worded it just seemed off.

It comes off as begging/leeching in a way. You can do it, don't get me wrong. There's no rule against it. All RK was stating is that staff members or him in particular will not want to suggest to promote someone who does something like that.

OFFLINE   005Classics

005Classics

Main Eventer

• Supporter
  • 4,674 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

Which is why I'm sipping my tea and just waiting till I become VIP. No need to campaign for it.

OFFLINE   Static

Static

World Champion

• 8,420 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

I don't entirely disagree with RK here. The way he worded it just seemed off.

It comes off as begging/leeching in a way. You can do it, don't get me wrong. There's no rule against it. All RK was stating is that staff members or him in particular will not want to suggest to promote someone who does something like that.

Yeah I actually agree a little bit, not entirely because you know half of them aren't serious. I'm pretty sure RK is joking though because it would be silly to introduce a rule so suddenly and after everyone has done it.

Edited by Static, 29 May 2015 - 06:39 PM.

OFFLINE   Sir Vee Wells

Sir Vee Wells

What do I even put here?

• Hall of Fame
  • 4,636 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

Ayy wattup

OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Main Eventer

• 3,638 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

Ayy wattup
Nthng!!!

OFFLINE   Tamer

Tamer

• Supporter
  • 4,083 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

I actually agree with RKHT. It's not down to the members at the end of the day so why do it?

OFFLINE   Dazman™

Dazman™

"The Daz Factor Of SDH"

• Supporter
  • 9,444 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

I'm getting demoted for changing my username as a joke and trying to do something different despite the whole thing not even being serious when I've created more topics and posted more news than just about anyone here this month? I'm facing demotion for attempting to do all I can to finally get a promotion I feel I deserve?

Hmm ... Okay then.

OFFLINE   Static

Static

World Champion

• 8,420 posts

Awards:

Users Awards
Is it just me that assumed he was joking?

OFFLINE   RKHT8709

RKHT8709

• 10,904 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

I'll address everything that's been said without the use of quoted blocks of text since it would clutter the page needlessly.

I have written bullet points to express my opinions, I haven't put any new rules into effect---group staff decisions are required for this---no need to "put the cart before the horse."

As for campaigning, I just don't see the need for it. Here are strictly my views on this subject:

• Anyone can campaign which overshadows achievements from other members; even bad members can rally groups of members for support 
  • It's a self promotion tool that can be looked upon as such like spam/advertising which is against our rules (go read it over there, I'm not providing links right now for a change)
  • A device to get your name out there isn't always the best way to integrate your intentions which can be misrepresented by those that witness it
  • The idea appears to be a 'short cut' to get ahead via promotion with little to no effort, in other words it appears laxidasical
  • Regardless if the whole idea wasn't meant to actually get votes from people for a promotion, you shouldn't have to bolster your reputation if you're known to be a good member
  • It's pointless to think you can get away with this campaign idea if you thought someone wasn't going to catch on to it sooner or later because it screams for attention (if nothing else but for a promotion and to quickly gain back status for being inactive in the first place which is why you were demoted and now suddenly you're campaigning to capture titles, political move anyone?)
  • It can be seen as "brown nosing" which isn't something you want labeled on you
  • Titles are earned through hard work ethic and achieving higher status levels with good character and solidifying your spot through consistency and merits, not given for not-so-clever campaigns
  • I almost got demoted for being inactive not too long ago, for what purpose does a campaign do other than neglect to accept the fact that inactivity will guaranteed get you demoted for not fulfilling a basic requirement which goes across the board for everyone else here: be active or get demoted 
  • Don't go around campaigning because if you're serious than the joke is on you---actions speak louder than louds however they lie louder than words also---prove yourself don't negate yourself because it's counterintuitive and will backfire before you know it

Edited by RKHT8709, 30 May 2015 - 05:21 AM.

OFFLINE   Static

Static

World Champion

• 8,420 posts

Awards:

Users Awards
I can see it either way. I don't necessarily see the point of campaigning when there is no vote, because well it's just pointless because you're appealing to people who don't have the power to promote you anyway lol. I highly doubt any of the staff is going to be convinced but maybe that isn't the point.

Then again, if someone is confident in being a good member, then they may think they deserve a promotion and hell, they might be right. I don't see anything wrong with touting yourself if you are actually right or at least think you are. I don't think you'd throw your name into the hat if you didn't feel worthy, so to speak. It looks cheesy most of the time, but shouldn't you want someone who is confident in their ability and shouldn't we be encouraging members to actively want to get to the next level, as long as they imply themselves and don't just talk themselves up? If an inactive member decides to do it then surely it should be that member being wrong instead of everyone who is campaigning being in the wrong also.

OFFLINE   RKHT8709

RKHT8709

• 10,904 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

If someone truly has the abilities to lead, than he/she wouldn't have to campaign in the first place. Other people will decide for us if we're ready. We as individuals don't make that decision. Nobody here gained the status themselves, other people recognized them for their virtues and decided it was the right time and place. There's no need for patting yourself on the back and putting yourself ahead of others because I've personally called out someone for doing it in the past. This person ignored the collaborative efforts of his team and made his impression matter over the rest. His name does not come up in this topic even once, but let's leave it be.  

I love confidence but there is a thin line between confidence and arrogance and whether or not someone who campaigns fits this description--everyone fits a position based on meeting certain criteria.

People who campaign aren't bad but the implication behind it can be misleading and can cast a false image.   

OFFLINE   Static

Static

World Champion

• 8,420 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

If someone truly has the abilities to lead, than he/she wouldn't have to campaign in the first place. Other people will decide for us if we're ready. We as individuals don't make that decision. Nobody here gained the status themselves, other people recognized them for their virtues and decided it was the right time and place. There's no need for patting yourself on the back and putting yourself ahead of others because I've personally called out someone for doing it in the past. This person ignored the collaborative efforts of his team and made his impression matter over the rest. His name does not come up in this topic even once, but let's leave it be.  

I love confidence but there is a thin line between confidence and arrogance and whether or not someone who campaigns fits this description--everyone fits a position based on meeting certain criteria.

People who campaign aren't bad but the implication behind it can be misleading and can cast a false image.   

Sure, I understand what you're saying now.

It's just a forum at the end of the day anyway, if someone gets promoted then good for them but if not then there is no need to get upset about it. If you contribute well then people will realise and you'll be known for that.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 120 days old. Post only if you have something relevant to add to the discussion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users