• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   TheAwesomeOne

TheAwesomeOne

• VIP
  • 6,503 posts

Awards:

Users Awards
We haven't even received GTA V on the PC yet, which was delayed from January to March, but now we're hearing the first rumbles of GTA VI. Yes, that's Grand Theft Auto 6.

43346_10_rockstar-confirms-gta-6-coming-

During a talk with Develop, Rockstar Games' President, Leslie Benzies said: "We've got about 45 years worth of ideas we want to do. We don't know what GTA 6 will be, but we've got some ideas". Benzies continued, somehow thinking that teasing the world of one of the biggest franchises of all world would be fine, adding: "It comes from the idea first. Where is it going to be set is the first question. Then that defines the missions; you're doing different things in LA than in New York or Miami. The map and story get worked up together, and the story is a basic flow of how it works out so you can layer the missions in".

Now we have the pleasure of imagining where Rockstar could take GTA VI if it wasn't held back in shackles by the previous generation consoles. What could GTA IV turn out to be like if it were built from the ground up on the Xbox One, PS4, and the PC? What if Rockstar made it with the PC as the lead platform, with VR in mind and then just baked down to the consoles? I'm obviously making too much sense with that last bit, so I'll leave it at that.

Edited by // J A C K //, 04 February 2015 - 12:54 PM.

OFFLINE   Tamer

Tamer

• Supporter
  • 4,083 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

Don't know what exactly to take away from that interview tbh. Should I be excited?

OFFLINE   Spyder78

Spyder78

The Grandfartherly Jester of SDH

• Supporter
  • 7,203 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

Pretty obvious there are going to be many more GTA's to come so hearing 6 is in the works is not a shocker :P

OFFLINE   A•A•Ron

A•A•Ron

#ThankYouDaniel

• VIP
  • 4,667 posts

Awards:

Users Awards
Probably get six for a long while. Not sweating it though, still playing GTA V on PS4.

OFFLINE   Noob Saibot

Noob Saibot

ChampOwensChamp

• Hall of Fame
  • 14,518 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

It would be fine to have it 3-4 years . Releasing it before that would be too early .

OFFLINE   Spyder78

Spyder78

• Supporter
  • 7,203 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

It would be fine to have it 3-4 years . Releasing it before that would be too early .

Probably will be that long tbh, it was about a 5yr gap between IV & V

OFFLINE   Noob Saibot

Noob Saibot

ChampOwensChamp

• Hall of Fame
  • 14,518 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

They re-released it last autumn and the PC version isn't out yet ... Also they haven't released the heists for GTA Online yet !

OFFLINE   Spyder78

Spyder78

• Supporter
  • 7,203 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

They re-released it last autumn and the PC version isn't out yet ... Also they haven't released the heists for GTA Online yet !

Re-releases technically don't count :P, I think they are gonna give up on PC version for V and just work on it for VI now, way the article is written up looks like V will be the last gen GTA like San Andreas was to PS2, looks like PS4 and XBox One and hopefully PC get dibs on VI. Yeah the Online heists debacle is a mess and no clue what's going on there :(

OFFLINE   Noob Saibot

Noob Saibot

ChampOwensChamp

• Hall of Fame
  • 14,518 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

Re-releases technically don't count :P, I think they are gonna give up on PC version for V and just work on it for VI now, way the article is written up looks like V will be the last gen GTA like San Andreas was to PS2, looks like PS4 and XBox One and hopefully PC get dibs on VI. Yeah the Online heists debacle is a mess and no clue what's going on there :(

Well , if I was them , I would finish what I started before starting something new ... And I know they can make separate teams for both , but to be honest , I would make all the people possible to end the PC version and the heists , as they could easily be sued for the false advertising of Online (I've seen people sue for things less important than this) .

OFFLINE   Spyder78

Spyder78

• Supporter
  • 7,203 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

Well , if I was them , I would finish what I started before starting something new ... And I know they can make separate teams for both , but to be honest , I would make all the people possible to end the PC version and the heists , as they could easily be sued for the false advertising of Online (I've seen people sue for things less important than this) .

e :(

Oh I wasn't saying for them not to finish it, was just saying keeps getting delayed and anymore delays for PC version it should just be shelved at that point. Online heists do need to be added ASAP, people have paid for the game and should be getting what's promised to them indeed or lawsuits can be put in place for that.

OFFLINE   Cage

Cage

Midcarder

• 673 posts

As much as I admittedly would enjoy HD remakes of Vice City, San Fierro, or Las Venturas, I really want GTA VI to be set in a completely new setting, New Orleans being my first choice.

OFFLINE   Hybrid

Hybrid

Q

• Supporter
  • 3,346 posts

Awards:

Users Awards
http://ca.ign.com/ar...-worth-of-ideas

This was from 2013 lol. And although it's not really a surprise a GTA 6 is coming, I'm pretty excited, even though it's probably a few years away :(

OFFLINE   JohanSXE

JohanSXE

Straight Edge Viking!

• 4,107 posts
  • JohanSXE
  • pinkyspc

Awards:

Users Awards

A revisit of Vice City or Las Venturas would be cool, but somewhere new would be cool, Like Boston or Chicago :D

Edited by JohanSXE, 04 February 2015 - 11:07 PM.

OFFLINE   Spyder78

Spyder78

• Supporter
  • 7,203 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

A revisit of Vice City or Las Venturas would be cool, but somewhere new would be cool, Like Boston or Chicago :D

I don't want you crazy mothafrakkers in my town :P

OFFLINE   JohanSXE

JohanSXE

Straight Edge Viking!

• 4,107 posts
  • JohanSXE
  • pinkyspc

Awards:

Users Awards

Hmm... Boston?

OFFLINE   Tamer

Tamer

• Supporter
  • 4,083 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

I'd be happy if they went to Liberty City or Las Venturas. NY under the new graphics would be pretty beast.

OFFLINE   Spyder78

Spyder78

• Supporter
  • 7,203 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

Hmm... Boston?

Yeah Boston, go tear up Chicago even New York leave my town alone lol

OFFLINE   Cage

Cage

Midcarder

• 673 posts

I'd be happy if they went to Liberty City or Las Venturas. NY under the new graphics would be pretty beast.

Please no. We already had GTA IV and both its expansions in LC. I'm borderline sick of that place.

OFFLINE   Tamer

Tamer

• Supporter
  • 4,083 posts

Awards:

Users Awards

Please no. We already had GTA IV and both its expansions in LC. I'm borderline sick of that place.
How come? :laugh:

Edited by Tamer, 05 February 2015 - 09:53 PM.

OFFLINE   JohanSXE

JohanSXE

Straight Edge Viking!

• 4,107 posts
  • JohanSXE
  • pinkyspc

Awards:

Users Awards

Hmm... Boston?

Yeah Boston, go tear up Chicago even New York leave my town alone lol

Hey wouldnt it be fun to maybe be able to explore your own Hometown?
I have always dreamed of having a GTA which is focused on Norway :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GTA Series

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users