- Game Series WWE GamesWWE Main Series
- Release Date October 17, 2017
- Additional Releases October 13, 2017 (Deluxe & Collector’s Editions - Early Access); December 6, 2017 (Nintendo Switch)
- Platforms PC WindowsPlayStation 4Xbox OneNintendo Switch
- Publisher 2K Sports
- Developer Yuke'sVisual Concepts
BE LIKE NO ONE!
WWE 2K18 is the nineteenth installment in the WWE game series (fifth under the WWE 2K banner), the follow-up to WWE 2K17, and succeeded by WWE 2K19 in 2018.
Featuring Cover Superstar Seth Rollins, it was developed by Yuke's and Visual Concepts, and published by 2K Sports for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, and Nintendo Switch.
WWE 2K18 became the first game in the series to be released for PC and consoles simultaneously, and the first WWE game to be released for a Nintendo platform since WWE '13.
WWE 2K18 promises to bring you closer to the ring than ever before with hard-hitting action, stunning graphics, drama, excitement, new game modes, additional match types, deep creation capabilities, and everything you've come to love from WWE 2K.
Counting all DLC, the game features 220 selectable characters.
WWE 2K18 GAME FEATURES
Here are all the WWE 2K18 features and everything you need to know about the game!
GAME RELEASE AND EDITIONS
- WWE 2K18 will be released on October 17, 2017 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and is also scheduled to be released later for PC and Nintendo Switch.
- Seth Rollins is the official WWE 2K18 Cover Star.
- Pre-Order WWE 2K18 to play as Kurt Angle!
- Early Access: Play 4 Days Early with the Deluxe and the Collector's Editions!
- Collector's Edition revealed as the WWE 2K18 Cena (Nuff) Edition.
- WWE 2K18 features a brand New Graphics Engine, resulting in the most realistic WWE game ever. The developers say it's "NBA-quality" level. The new engine includes physically-based rendering, real time reflections, spectacular new lighting, skin shaders and new camera effects, all of which add greater elements of realism to the characters, while also giving a much stronger atmosphere to the environments
- Overhauled commentary with a brand new Commentary Team: Michael Cole, Byron Saxton and Corey Graves are the three commentators in WWE 2K18. They were given extra time to work, and also had the chance to perform in the same room to lend the recording process more of a natural feel. There is also a New Ring Announcer, JoJo.
- Revamped Crowd System with new animations, reactions and authentic crowd chants.
- Match Creator / Create A Match returns in WWE 2K18: this addition lets players create a custom set of rules for a match, save them and use them in either Play Now or WWE Universe. There will be many different options to play around with, including interactive items and win conditions.
- The long awaited Free Roaming Camera finally makes a return for Highlight Reel! Also, Create A Video features more effects and better editing control.
- Create-A-Superstar has been re-built from the ground up, with a brand new "Base Model" that allows to create much more realistic and authentic-looking created superstars.
- The "fading" issue when stretching a logo in Create a Superstar that have been present in the past games, has now been fixed. Wrapping logos/designs all around will be possible again in WWE 2K18!
- Create-A-Superstar and Create-An-Arena received further additional improvements.
- The max number of wrestlers in the ring in WWE 2K18 has been increased to 8 Superstars for the first time in the series, featuring 8-Man Tag Team Matches (4 vs 4), Ladder Matches, Battle Royals, as well as up to 8 Superstars in the ring at the same time during a Royal Rumble Match.
- Completely Revamped Royal Rumble: New Mini-Games, New Animations, New Types of Eliminations, a Rollout System, New A.I. Smart Pairing with Tag Partners working together, a system that allows Superstars to enter the Rumble with a buff.
- Reworked Elimination Chamber, with brand new Chamber Model, all new Animations, and for the first time ever, Elimination Chamber Entrances! Both the old and new Elimination Chamber structures are playable.
- Expanded Backstage Brawls with three-times the interactive objects and new locations to fight across in the arena, such as the parking lot. The developers describe it as a free roam arena.
- New Carry and Drag System, that allows you to pick up your opponents and carry them to an interactive landing spot (ring steps, corner buckles, outside ringpost, etc), similar to the older Ultimate Control. The System features 4 base positions: Cradle, Powerbomb, Fireman, and On-The-Shoulder (Oklahoma / Powerslam setup)
- You can also do Mid-Move Adjustment, like the Directional Throw featured in previous games.
- There is a New Position Feeding System. Superstars will adjust their position in the ring when selling, so matches flow better: instead of bumping and staying down, they head towards the ropes, corner-seated, corner-groggy, apron, etc.
- Updated Weight Detection System, with lifting moves having a rating that determines who can execute them. Superstars could also get a temporary adrenaline boost that might allow them to execute lifting moves that are over their limit.
- Key parts of the submission system have been reworked and overhauled entirely, making it easier to learn and use.
- The kick-out window placement is now harder to predict. The speed of the rotation quickens depending on the strength of the executed move.
- Improved Tag matches with New Hot Tag System
- A new feature meant to enhance both gameplay and story, is the "quick pin" - the idea that one player can land a schoolboy roll-up or a crucifix-style leverage pin, ending a bout quickly, just like the matches on TV sometimes. To aid this, there are now 12 different new match interference scenarios - from run-ins to walk-ins to just entrance music playing - that will create a targeted distraction and open up a quick pin window. After the bell, the loser, still with full energy, will then have the option of beating down whoever it was that just scored the "fluke win."
- 80 new "selling" animations added to really bring out the specific personalities and movements of the superstars, with a new match directive that dictates, based on time and various energy levels, the intensity of the sell.
- WWE 2K18 MyCareer delivers a new MyPlayer experience that introduces a brand new upgrade and progression system.
- MyCareer in WWE 2K18 features a Story which is more concise and narrative-driven, and will be replayable with branching paths, instead of a never-ending series of matches like in previous years.
- WWE 2K18 MyCareer will also incorporate Free-Roaming in Backstage Areas, allowing you to explore, talk and attack other WWE Superstars, forming alliances, making enemies, seeking out quests, and strategizing for upcoming matches.
- Players can choose from eight 8 Fighting Styles to help define their MyPLAYER experience. Each fighting style (Giant, High Flyer, Brawler, Technician...) comes with its strengths and weaknesses, so the choice of style matters. The fighting styles are going to be exclusive to the MyPlayer system.
- Upgraded Promo Engine (Promo Engine 2.0)
- MyCareer Invasion is "going further", with more ways to interact with your friends' characters.
- WWE 2K18 is delivering an all-new Online MyPlayer Mode Called "Road to Glory", that lets players compete against others, using their MyPLAYER characters, in a quest to qualify for WWE pay-per-view events. More details will be revealed in the coming months.
- Backstage Brawls will now be playable Online in WWE 2K18.
- WWE 2K18 will also feature an Improved Community Creations Search Engine, now offering more relevant results.
WWE UNIVERSE MODE
- WWE Universe Mode "Re-Wrote Completely" in WWE 2K18, to support very diverse pay-per-view calendars, meaning it manages WWE’s current pay-per-view schedule alongside player-created custom pay-per-view calendars.
- There is a new Story System that provides more flexibility in how stories play out. The interactions between WWE Superstars build up to rivalries and determine what stories will unfold.
- In addition, there are new story cut scenes, new Power Rankings and even a new Superstar goal feature to be announced in the future.
- The WWE 2K18 Roster will be the biggest WWE Roster Ever - "by far" - say the developers. It will feature close to 200 Superstars.
- All the Superstars confirmed so far at this link: https://www.thesmackdownhotel.com/wwe2k18/roster/
WHAT IS NOT IN WWE 2K18
- Create A Finisher is not returning to the game
- There will be no GM Mode in WWE 2K18
- WWE Universe Mode in WWE 2K18 will not feature a Draft System but, as always, you can manually reshuffle the rosters at anytime
- There will NOT be a Women MyCareer in WWE 2K18
- It still won't be possible to assign Custom Music as superstar theme songs, due to Sony/Microsoft restrictions
- Differently from what previously reported by Gamespot, Intergender matches will not be available in WWE 2K18 and will not be an option for the new Create-A-Match feature.