- Game Series WWE GamesWWE Main Series
- Release Date March 8, 2024
- Additional Releases March 5, 2024 (Early Access)
- Platforms PC WindowsPlayStation 5Xbox Series XPlayStation 4Xbox One
- Publisher 2K Sports
- Developer Visual Concepts
WWE 2K24: Finish Your Story
WWE 2K24 is the latest installment in the long-running series of WWE professional wrestling video games developed by 2K and Visual Concepts, and the successor to WWE 2K23.
WWE 2K24 features several franchise advancements, including the "2K Showcase of the Immortals" celebrating 40 years of WrestleMania, new match types such as Ambulance and Special Guest Referee, two new MyRISE experiences, and much more.
WWE 2K24 Release Date & Platforms
The WWE 2K24 Standard Edition and Cross-Gen Digital Edition will be released on March 8, 2024, for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC via Steam.
The Deluxe Edition and "Forty Years of WrestleMania" Edition of WWE 2K24 will be available from March 5, 2024, three days ahead of the Standard edition.
WWE 2K24 features three iconic WWE Superstars on the cover, with Cody Rhodes featuring on the Standard Edition, and Rhea Ripley & Bianca Belair on the Deluxe Edition. Additionally, the Forty Years of WrestleMania features a montage of iconic Superstars from WrestleMania’s history.
WWE 2K24 Roster
The WWE 2K24 Roster will include a vast list of Men and Women Superstars from Raw, SmackDown, and NXT, as well as WWE Legends.
Fans can look forward to a star-studded roster of more than 200 characters, featuring WWE Legends “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, Undertaker, Batista, Kurt Angle, Bret Hart and Andre the Giant, alongside current WWE Superstars “The American Nightmare” Cody Rhodes, Bianca Belair, John Cena, Rhea Ripley, Becky Lynch, Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns, whose larger-than-life entrances and signature moves are heightened by ultra-realistic graphics.
Click here to see the full list of Superstars confirmed for the WWE 2K24 Roster so far, as well as our Roster Predictions for the game.
WWE 2K24 Pre-Order Bonus
Players who pre-order WWE 2K24 will receive the Nightmare Family Pack, a bonus pack of content including:
- Undashing Cody Rhodes
- Dusty Rhodes ('76) + MyFACTION Card
- "Superstar" Billy Graham
- Mattel Cody Rhodes (Bruised) Playable Character and MyFACTION Card
- Pharoah Manager MyFACTION Card (Cody's dog)
WWE 2K24 Game Modes
WWE 2K24 features several hallmarks of the franchise, as well as some new additions and twists on fan favorite modes:
2K Showcase of the Immortals
Forty years in the making, the WWE 2K24 Showcase of the Immortals puts players in control, playing through the most iconic moments in WrestleMania history as 2K’s distinctive Slingshot Tech seamlessly morphs gameplay to live-action footage and back again for the most immersive WrestleMania video game experience to date.
The WWE 2K24 Showcase of the Immortals features 21 different matches from WrestleMania, you can see the full list of matches confirmed on this page.
WWE 2K24 New Match Types
WWE 2K24 delivers 4 new chaotic match types: Special Guest Referee, Ambulance Match, Casket Match, and Gauntlet Match.
In addition, the Backstage Brawl now features 4-player support and new interactive environmental elements - including a working elevator, breakable control room glass, and a vending machine with throwable sodas - while the Royal Rumble now offers support for eight online players in 30-Superstar online matches.
All of the familiar WWE 2K match types, such as WarGames, Extreme Rules, TLC, Submission, Hell in a Cell, and many more also return. More details on each new match type will be shared soon.
WWE 2K24 Gameplay Upgrades
WWE 2K24 features improvements to gameplay throughout, including Super Finishers, the Trading Blows mini-game, top rope dive onto a group of opponents outside the ring, double title matches, new Paybacks, and much more.
Here's a list of the gameplay additions announced so far for WWE 2K24:
- Trading Blows: A new mini-game that locks you in a duel of attacks. It has 4 strikes: punch, knife edge chop, overhand chop, and slap. You can choose which one to perform with the Left Stick
- Super Finishers: If you stock 3 finishers during the match, you'll be able to use all of your stock to perform a Super Finisher, which will nullify the opponent's resiliency and make it almost impossible to kick out
- The improved blood system makes it drip and stay on the mat
- You can finally climb, walk, perform moves and finishers, and jump off the announce table like in the old games
- 7 real WWE referees are now featured in the game
- The classic HCTP ramp-facing camera is returning. You can also change the camera during the match
- Spectator mode: you can watch IA vs IA matches by choosing the view you want including a complete free cam
- Face paint gradually fades during the match
- You can top rope dive onto a group of opponents outside the ring
- New weapon types including trash cans, guitars, and microphones
- You can throw weapons at your opponents. Throwable objects can also be caught and reversed.
- The ability to pull down the straps during a match is back for certain Superstars (such as Kurt Angle or Undertaker)
- Tired finishers and animations are back
- Rebound moves after Irish Whips have been fixed and no longer result in constant chest-bumping. You can now queue the Rebound Attack by pressing the grapple button early. If you're late, it triggers an automatic pass-by (same as LB) so you can try again.
- 6 new Paybacks:
- Iron Jaw: Remove your stunned meter and exit the stunned state
- Fireball: Launch a fireball to your opponent
- Freeze: Freeze your opponent by using intimidating tactics
- Rage: Fill your finisher meter to gain you a finisher
- The Moveset has been expanded
- Assignable slots for signatures and finishers have been expanded from 2 to 5
- You can now have 3 Running Corner Attacks when the opponent is leaning in the corner: Light, Heavy, and Grab attacks
Incredibly realistic graphics and improved animations - with over 90% of facial expressions updated - plus improvements to Ramp cameras and Dive cameras, and the ability to move the camera during live gameplay provide the most visually impressive WWE 2K experience to date.
New weapon types, including trash cans, guitars, and microphones, plus the ability to throw weapons, allow players to bring the pain. Also, seven real WWE referees are featured to add to the immersive experience.
WWE 2K24 MyGM Mode
The popular WWE brand management simulation continues to expand with new features, including:
- Trading Superstars between brands: after each PPV/PLE, you can trade superstars or cash with other brands, with support for multiple superstars per trade
- 4 New GMs to choose: Theodore Long, Paul Heyman, William Regal, Ted DiBiase
- New Brand to choose: ECW
- More Match Types: Ambulance, Casket, No Holds Barred, Special Referee
- New Promo Types: Tag Team Call Out, Class Change, Training
- New Superstar Journey system: as Superstars participate in matches and train, they now earn XP, and level up to gain unique perks
- 11 New Dialogues & Emails
- More Dramas, more Championships, Talent Scouts & Contract Management
WWE 2K24 MyFACTION Mode
The team-building mode in which players collect, manage, and upgrade an array of WWE Superstars and Legends to create their ultimate four-person factions returns with a new direct purchase card market and updated multiplayer experience.
Players can now compete in ranked online QuickPlay with unique rewards and seasonal leaderboards, challenge themselves with Weekly Towers, and take on a revamped Faction Wars 2.0, featuring more real-world factions, more 4v4 match types, a Faction Wars specific reward shop, and more. New themed card packs and goals will continue to roll out regularly throughout the year with seasonal content refreshes.
WWE 2K24 MyRISE
The WWE 2K24 unique career mode experience features two new storylines - Undisputed (men’s) and Unleashed (women’s) - that put players in control of custom-created Superstars looking to make a name for themselves and cement their legacies in WWE history.
- In Unleashed (women’s), players step into the boots of a wrestler who founded the hottest promotion on the indie scene. But when allowed to share her talents on the larger stage of WWE, will she "Unleash" her full potential, or hesitate and hold back?
- In Undisputed (men's), Roman Reigns follows in the footsteps of The Rock and heads to Hollywood, vacating his championship and leaving big boots to fill for our protagonist. But the "Tribal Chief" won’t stay gone for long and doesn’t appreciate a pretender to his throne.
Both experiences offer players multiple choices to make that will impact how their careers unfold, including whether to embody the archetype of a Hollywood star, supernatural character, or villainous, brutal heel, and whether to align with authority figures William Regal and The Miz.
In addition to original arenas and championship belts, for the first time, players will be able to unlock MyRISE-specific MyFACTION cards from both Undisputed and Unleashed experiences. In Undisputed, this includes cards for fan-favorite characters such as Cole Quinn, Chosen, Slade, Tavish, and Xavier Woods’ alter ego, Zero.
Featuring Roman Reigns, Cody Rhodes, Mick Foley, and others performing MyRISE voiceover for the first time, alongside other Superstars and Legends, expanded rewards, original MyRISE characters, and unlockables carrying over into other game modes, plus new environments, MyRISE is more impactful on the overall WWE 2K experience than ever before.
WWE 2K24 Universe Mode
The ultimate WWE Universe sandbox that puts players in charge of Superstar rosters, feuds, champions, weekly shows, and Premium Live Events now features:
- Expanded Rivalry actions, including run-ins, Money in the Bank cash-ins, scenarios, and brawls
- New cutscenes
- Special Guest Referee support
- Double Title Matches
- Loser Leaves Town stipulation
WWE 2K24 Creation Suite
The crown jewel of the WWE 2K franchise, the best-in-class, most detailed, and robust creation suite returns with all-new support for Create-A-Referee and Create-A-Sign, as well as new parts and animations to design custom Superstars, GMs, arenas, entrances, move sets, championships and more.
The Creation Suite in WWE 2K24 now also features a "Quick Save" button, allowing you to quickly save your progress while in the middle of creating or editing a character.
Stay tuned on this page as this guide will be updated with all the features that will be announced for WWE 2K24.
Which new feature would you like to see in WWE 2K24? Let us know in the comments below!