At a recent event in New York City, select members of the press got to interview WWE 2K14 pre-order bonus Legend, The Ultimate Warrior, and spend some time with a build of WWE 2K14.
While we didn't give away everything, there were some notable improvements discussed at the event. And since we don't want to leave you in the dark, check out below for a list of all the tweaks, changes and updates discussed at the event, and make sure to stay tuned for more great updates to your new favorite game, WWE 2K14.
NEW NAVIGATION SYSTEM
- The entire navigation system has been overhauled and reanimated including all walking, running, and dragging motions to give the game a more fluid and life-like feel and look.
- Overall Superstar movement has been accelerated, meaning the action is faster-paced and more like what you see on WWE television.
- There is now a "starting up" animation for when Superstars begin running. This leads to a more natural-looking match, where it is more difficult to "spam" running attacks.
- Animation gestures have been added such as adjusting wrist bands, motioning for your opponent to get up, and many more to give a human-like appearance to the navigation system.
- Strikes and strike combos are now quicker and snappier, making them faster and harder to reverse.
- Successfully landing a strike combo puts your opponent in a groggy state, making groggy grapples appear earlier and more frequently.
REVERSAL SYSTEM IMPROVEMENTS
- Reversing a grapple move now causes the reverser to do a move of his/her own automatically. This cuts down on the endless back-and-forth "reversal fest" some users complained of in WWE '13 while also making the match move faster.
- Catching Finishers can now be executed offensively, by Irish Whipping your opponent to the ropes with a finisher stored or catapulting your opponent up when they run towards you. Select finisher moves give you the ability to launch an opponent into the air and then hit them with a Catch Finisher on the way back down.
NEW OMG MOMENTS
New multi-man OMG Moments added to help you gain the upper-hand in multi-man matches. One OMG move can take out two opponents in one shot making it easier to get the win against multiple opponents.
- Double Attitude Adjustment
- Double Shellshock
- Double Chokeslam
New OMG Moments added to allow you to dole out even more damage using the ring environment.
- Boot-to-head on outside ringpost
- DDT on the apron
- Two more OMG moments to be announced.
- One of the most reviled bugs in WWE '13 was the dearth of two-counts. This issue has been addressed, bringing back the dramatic near falls you know and love.