ECW Heat Wave 1997 was a Special Event produced by Extreme Championship Wrestling, which took place on July 19, 1997, at the ECW Arena in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
It's the 4° edition of the Heat Wave event series, after ECW Heat Wave 1996.
The event had an attendance of 1,600 fans. The main event of the show was Rob Van Dam, Sabu and Jerry Lawler vs. Tommy Dreamer, The Sandman and Rick Rude.
Below you can find the full match card and results of ECW Heat Wave 1997, and more information about the event.
- Promotion Extreme Championship Wrestling
- Event Type Special Event
- Event Date July 19, 1997
- Year 1997
- Event Series Heat Wave
- Country United States
- Location Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Arena ECW Arena
- Attendance 1,600
- Running Time 3 hours
- Main Event Rob Van Dam, Sabu and Jerry Lawler vs. Tommy Dreamer, The Sandman and Rick Rude
ECW Heat Wave 1997 Results
3-on-2 Handicap MatchMikey Whipwreck & Spike Dudley defeat PG-13 (J.C. Ice & Wolfie D) & Jason
- Axl Rotten defeats Tracy Smothers
- John Kronus defeats Pablo Marquez
- Bam Bam Bigelow & Chris Candido defeat Balls Mahoney & Chris Chetti
ECW World Television ChampionshipTaz (c) defeats Lance Storm to retain the title
ECW World Heavyweight ChampionshipTerry Funk (c) defeats Shane Douglas via DQ to retain the title
ECW World Tag Team Championship Steel Cage Weapons MatchThe Gangstas (New Jack & Mustafa Saed) defeat The Dudley Boyz (Buh Buh Ray & D-Von Dudley) (c) to win the titles
- Rob Van Dam, Sabu & Jerry Lawler vs. The Sandman, Tommy Dreamer & Rick Rude ends in a No Contest