The WWE 2K20 Update 1.02 is now available to download on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC - released on November 1st 2019 at 5am PT (12pm GMT). It has a size of 10.81 GB for Xbox One, and 4.78 GB for PS4.
As widely known, unfortunately WWE 2K20 has been affected by many issues since the game released on October 22.
WWE 2K20 has been the first videogame in the main WWE Games series to not be developed by Yukes. It was exclusively developed by the 2K Studio Visual Concepts which collaboratively worked on the last 5 WWE 2K Games (along with Yukes) as well.
After the split with Yukes, 2K had to pretty much completely rebuild and re-code the existing Game Features with their own systems. This proved very challenging for 2K, and unfortunately resulted in WWE 2K20 being riddled with technical issues and bugs.
Some of the most prominent issues included issues with Created Superstars in Universe Mode, the inability to upload Custom Logos, graphical and animation problems, broken cutscenes, targeting issues and other gameplay bugs, Creation Suite glitches, as well as several crashes across the board. Create-A-Championship has also been missing as of the release of the game, reportedly to be patched-in at a later date.
All of this caused the game to receive a lot of backlash from the fans, and obtain largely negative reviews.
Today, on November 1st 2019 at 5am PT (12pm GMT), a first major patch for WWE 2K20 has been released to address several of these issues, bringing the game to version 1.02.
WWE 2K20 1.02 Patch Notes and Changelog (PS4 / Xbox One / PC):
Below you can find a comprehensive list of all the reported Fixes and Updates made in today's Patch 1.02 for WWE 2K20.
We will keep this page updated as we discover any other improvements and bug fixes that we notice were included in the update - as the official 1.02 Patch Notes released by 2K were not very specific.
- Fixed issue where Custom Movesets couldn't be saved across both Play Modes and Universe Mode at the same time
- Fixed issue where new Created Superstars would show up with incorrect name, empty attributes and abilities in Universe Mode
- Fixed the inability to download Custom Logos from the Image Uploader
- Fixed issue where using Logos for MyPlayer would cause MyCareer to crash or not load
- Fixed display issues with Resiliency prompt, now correctly showing it requires R2 + Triangle / RT + Y to perform.
- The Weapon Wheel Customization now loads the match-specific preset loadout of weapons by default
- Tables and Ladders are now available for selection in the "Miscellaneous" tab of the Weapon Wheel Customization
- Re-added the ability to switch to and control Tag Team Partners (with the Touch Pad / Back button)
- Targeting and Hit Detection for various attacks has been improved
- A better weapon homing has been implemented, with weapon attacks now turning directly towards the targeted opponent
- Fixed issue where slamming an opponent into the Steel Steps would cause them to sink through the mat and the gameplay to glitch out
- Fixed various issues with cutscenes in 2K Showcase
- Fixed various clipping issues and animation issues during entrances (including Bianca Blair's ponytail hair physics, Bobby Roode's robe)
- Fixed various issues / glitches in Create A Superstars (including Becky Lynch's Backlash attire, as well as Kane hair and mask)
- Fixed issue with Luke Harper's theme song - it now uses the Bludgeon Brothers theme
- Fixed issue when downloading Community Creations telling the player they don't own a certain DLC when they do indeed own it
- Fixed various other issues regarding:
- Gameplay and Controls
- Graphics and Clipping
- Hair Physics
- Hit detection and aiming
- Interactions with tables, ladders, steel steps, and other objects
- Referee actions
- Onscreen button prompts
- Characters "warping" or moving unnaturally around the arena
- Crashes and Freezing
- Image downloads
- Entrances and attires
- Universe mode editing and saving
- Custom and Created Superstars and creation modes
- Commentary and sound effects
- Online Stability, matchmaking, desyncs, and lag
Prominent Issues still to be addressed (not fixed in patch 1.02)
Despite the long list of fixes in patch 1.02, WWE 2K20 is still plagued with several remaining issues yet to be addressed. Here are some of the most prominent ones we noted down:
Create A Superstar
- While it's now possible to download and apply Custom Logos to Created Superstars, they become misplaced during actual gameplay (entrances and matches), as they don't match their position set in the creation suite
- Hair Dye for Created Superstars still does not work correctly, as it reverts after saving the Superstar and does not show up in gameplay
- When importing a Face Texture, you can no longer properly adjust the position of the eyes, nose, mouth, etc individually.
- Applying clothing parts to Created Superstars can cause the hair of a Superstar to float above the head. Some parts are also still broken, such as Jeff Hardy's armbands.
- The game crashes when trying to download Custom Superstars that have many custom images
- It's still not possible to edit Facepaints and Body Paints of In-Game Superstars (it was possible in WWE 2K19)
- Trying to "Import Parts" from an attire of a downloaded Created Superstar crashes the game
Create An Arena
- Placement of objects in Create An Arena does not save correctly, as the parts move to their original spot when you re-load the creation or play the match.
- The lighting in Created Arenas looks washed out / downgraded compared to the in-game arenas during gameplay
- Custom Arenas containing Custom Logos download from Community Creations show up blank with no logos (logos disappear)
- There is still an issue where you cannot set a default custom attire for a Superstar in Universe Mode, as it resets back to original attire
- The match limit in WWE Universe PPVs is still 13 matches, and some matches cannot be edited (only 10 matches out of 13 be edited)
- Changing the moveset of an in-game Superstar before starting Universe does not import to a new Universe save
- Creating Tag Teams before starting Universe still does not import the teams to a new Universe save
- There are several occurrences where WWE Universe messes up the Superstars involved in a match after customizing it
- The list of match types available Online still hasn't been updated, offering a very limited selection compared to the match types available in Single Player.
- Online Tag Matches team up players incorrectly (it wrongly teams up P1 & P3 vs. P2 & P4)
- It's still not possible to customize match rules or use Custom Matches Online
- It's still not possible to use Custom Arenas or MyCareer special arenas
- It's not possible to use superstars Alternate Attires
- There are no Entrances Online and no way to turn them on
- There is no ability to turn off / hide the HUD player Gamertags that clutter the screen
- Create-A-Championship still has not been added back to the game as of patch 1.02
- Trying to play a Hell In A Cell match in a Custom Arena crashes the game
- Highlight Reel can still only record up to just 8-10 seconds of footage, compared to 20+ seconds of WWE 2K19.
- Changing the moveset or attributes of a DLC Superstar (2K Originals) does not save and reverts to default
- The ability to favorite moves in Create A Moveset is missing
- There is still no "Random" button when selecting a superstar in the Character Select Screen
- The ability to choose Day / Evening / Night for the outdoor Wrestlemania arenas is missing
- The Backstage Cutscenes in Create A Video wrongly take place in the ring instead of the Backstage Area.
- It seems that after the patch, it's no longer possible to disable the fatigue option
- The "Evolution" theme song is still wrong as it instead plays the Hardy Boys music
- Billie Kay's moveset is still wrong as it's instead Zelina Vega's moveset
- Winning a Double-Title match for two titles, results in a wrong Victory Scene where the winner has the same title twice
- Several Victory Scenes for Tag Teams fail to play correctly after matches
- There is no Post match celebration after winning an Elimination Chamber Match
- A Superstar's Facepaint doesn't fade anymore over the course of a match
- Announcing of several championships is misplaced, for example the WWE Championship gets announced as "World Heavyweight Championship", while the UK Championship gets announced as "WWE Championship"
More patches are scheduled to be released in the upcoming weeks and months, to address additional issues in WWE 2K20. Hopefully, some of these issue get tackled in the subsequent updates.