Here are exclusive info coming from our correspondent FutureWrestleGames at today's Gamescom WWE 2K16 Press Event, where two matches (Daniel Bryan vs. Bad News Barrett, and Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor) were shown.
- The "Break out" prompt during entrances means you can break out of your own entrance and take control of the character.
- The entrance timer, on the other hand, is for interfering in the opponent's entrance.
Gameplay and New Animations:
- There are several new Chain wrestling Animations - for example: Wrestler A presses Wrestler B in the corner, until the referee breaks them apart.
- There are Heel and face gestures during matches
- New revealed Moves include Angry Stomp, Running Corner Clothesline, Coupe De Grace, Daniel Bryan's Kitchen Sink, and a new ropes grapple for Bryan.
- New pin animations
- "Resiliency" to survive pin attempts and submission moves is back in the game
Career Mode is improved: last year the focus was on matches, in WWE 2K16 it will be on entertainment with interferences and interviews to build a character.
Also, many characters were confirmed through crowd shirts, including several NXT Superstars:
- Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady
- The Lucha Dragons (Kalisto & Sin Cara)
- Nikki Bella
- Dolph Ziggler
- Roman Reigns
- Kevin Owens
- Baron Corbin
- Dean Ambrose
- It was said that the IGN gameplay and entrances were not the final version of the game
- New and better Crowd Textures
- New facial animations
- Soon 2K will make an announcement explaining how the 3-man commentary team makes commentary better
- First information about this year's 2K Showcase Mode will be revealed in around 2 weeks (Summerslam/Roster Reveal time)
- Details on the new features of the WWE Universe Mode will be coming soon as well
Finally, Sting was confirmed via a teaser video shown at Gamescom: