- Game Series WWE Games
- Release Date October 23, 2002
- Platforms Game Boy Advance
- Publisher THQ
- Developer Natsume
WWE Road to WrestleMania X8 is a wrestling video game released for Game Boy Advance by THQ in 2002, based on WWE's 2002 pay-per-view WrestleMania X8.
This game was the successor to WWF Road to WrestleMania from 2001, and was succeeded by WWE Survivor Series released in 2004.
The game featured improved gameplay and grappling techniques compared to its predecessor, and was the most successful out of the three games in regard to both sales and reviews.
WWE Road to WrestleMania X8 Roster:
- Booker T
- Bubba Ray Dudley
- Chris Jericho
- D-Von Dudley
- Hollywood Hogan
- Kevin Nash
- Kurt Angle
- Rob Van Dam
- The Rock
- Triple H
- The Undertaker
The Road to WrestleMania X8 is a yearlong struggle, which has seen legends reborn, dreams shattered and lives changed forever. It isn’t glamorous, it isn’t easy, and it sure as hell isn’t destiny. It is about the hard-fought brawls, the never-ending passion and the battle-hardened emotions that it takes to trudge down the path to the greatest spectacle in sports entertainment. The showcase of the immortals begins with the clash of the titans in World Wrestling Road to WrestleMania X8. Grow your Superstar through the ranks as his abilities change according to your fighting style. Create your own pay-per-view and see how the crowds react to the matches. Win bouts and see your popularity skyrocket when the Superstar’s hats and shirts fly off the shelves in the shopzone. Begin the quest for the most illustrious title in sports-entertainment, the World Wrestling Championship. The Road to WrestleMania begins here!
- New World Wrestling Superstars: Play as one of 15 Superstars including Hollywood Hulk Hogan, Rob Van Dam, and Booker T.
- Dynamic Superstar Characteristics: Superstar’s abilities grow and change according to the fighting style of the player.
- Trade Items with Friends: Win matches to earn shopzone items such as hats and shirts that can be traded from one GBA to another.
- Create your own Pay-Per-View: Create your own pay-per-view event with a variety of match types and then view the attendance and see the crowd’s reactions.
- 4-player action: Up to 4 players can link together and battle it out in the squared circle.
- 7 Game Modes: Championship, Gauntlet, Pay Per View, Exhibition, King of the Ring, Royal Rumble and Team Battle.
- 8 Match Types: Everything from cage to lumberjack matches.