- Game Series Independent Games
- Release Date October 12, 2010
- Platforms PlayStation 3Xbox 360
- Publisher SlangKonami
- Developer Immersion Software & Graphics
Lucha Libre AAA: Héroes del Ring is an action sports game based on the Mexican sport of 'Lucha Libre' style wrestling.
The first video game to cover Mexican wrestling, Lucha Libre AAA: Héroes del Ring features dozens of real wrestlers from Mexico's premiere wrestling federation. Each of these possesses the acrobatic, over-the-top action that Lucha Libre, and inspired modern professional wrestling around the world.
Additional game features include a popularity-based scoring system, the ability to create your own luchador, authentic Mexican wrestling venues, and more.
Lucha Libre AAA Heroes del Ring Roster:
- Abismo Negro (Unlockable)
- Alan Stone (Unlockable)
- Apache (Unlockable)
- Charly Manson
- Cibernetico (Unlockable)
- Dark Cuervo
- Dark Ozz
- Dark Scoria
- Dr. Wagner Jr. (Unlockable)
- El Brazo
- El Elegido
- El Mesias (Unlockable)
- El Zorro
- Espectro Junior (Unlockable)
- Extreme Tiger (Unlockable)
- Jack Evans (Unlockable)
- Kenzo Suzuki (Unlockable)
- Killer Clown (Unlockable)
- Konnan (Unlockable)
- La Parka
- Marco Corleone (Unlockable)
- Psycho Clown (Unlockable)
- Silver King (Unlockable)
- Superfly (Unlockable)
- Vampiro Canadiense
- Zombie Clown (Unlockable)
Key Game Features:
- Innovative Scoring System - Unique to Lucha Libre is the fact that wrestlers need to gain the support of the crowd in order to win the match - as players increase their popularity they will be able to unlock progressively more deadly moves which they will be able to inflict upon their opponent.
- Mexican Lucha Libre Based Gameplay - Whether playing as a Tecnico (Good Guy) or a Rudo (Bad Guy), the Lucha Libre style of wrestling features a fast and acrobatic style of gameplay in which gamers employ a sophisticated yet fun system of strikes/counter-strikes, extreme aerial assaults and character-specific specialty moves in order to defeat their foe.
- Real Mexican Luchadores - Gamers may play as any of 30 different real-life luchadores featured in the AAA League. All fighters retain their own signature movements, taunts, and alignment with either the Tecnicos or the Rudos.
- Authentic Mexican Wrestling Venues - In Lucha Libre AAA: Héroes del Ring matches will take place in the same arenas used by the AAA, as well as, locations which are representative of the Mexican culture and Lucha Libre legend.
- Customizable Character Editor - Featuring a never before seen 'Mask Editor', the game's 'Create a Fighter' feature allows players to design their own luchador from the mask down while choosing from a massive collection of customizable clothes, accessories, body characteristics and clan allegiance.
- Online Gameplay featuring Mask vs. Hair Mode - The game offers intense and competitive online matches for up to four players where users can fight as any of the 30 existing luchadores or as a character which they have created themselves. In this mode, wrestlers wager their mask or hair against their opponents in a winner-take-all battle against humiliation.
A Unique Wrestling Game Experience
Featuring all of the most popular 'luchadores' from Mexico's premiere wrestling federation, Lucha Libre AAA: Héroes del Ring offers fans of existing wrestling franchises an evolved and unique gaming experience that is more acrobatic and fast-paced than those they are used to playing. The game also features a popularity-based scoring system that allows players to unlock increasingly acrobatic and devastating moves based on the player's ability to gain the support of the audience through the execution of taunts aimed at humiliating one's opponent, as well as holds and other moves both legal and not. The game allows you to play as one of 30 real-life AAA wrestlers from Mexico's premiere wrestling federation. In this, you have the choice to play as either a "Tecnico" (Face/good guy) or a "Rudo" (Heel/bad guy). Each of these has their own storyline in the single-player campaign. In addition, players can create their own luchador character and take him all the way to the top of the game. Either way, you play, Lucha Libre AAA: Héroes del Ring is a refreshing change of pace from games that have come before it and a true evolution of the wrestling genre.