- Game Series WWE Games
- Release Date September 8, 2003
- Platforms GameCube
- Publisher THQ
- Developer Yuke's
WHERE SUPERSTARS BECOME LEGENDS
WWE WrestleMania XIX is a wrestling video game released exclusively for the Nintendo GameCube by THQ in 2003. Based on the professional wrestling promotion WWE. It is the sequel to WWE WrestleMania X8.
Developed by Yuke's Co., Ltd. of Japan, WWE WrestleMania XIX features more than 40 WWE Superstars, including Stone Cold Steve Austin, Triple H and Brock Lesnar. The game also showcases several WWE Superstars for the first time, including Goldberg, Scott Steiner and Rey Mysterio, giving "WWE WrestleMania XIX" an impressive stable of overall talent.
New features exclusive to "WWE WrestleMania XIX" include an all-new story mode that takes players across five different environments in 30 unique missions complete with scripted cut-scenes. In addition to the all-new story mode, "WWE WrestleMania XIX" features an enhanced countering system with strong and weak grapples, detailed Superstar models and location-specific moves with realistic results. Players can wear down their opponents by taking advantage of each Superstar's unique abilities, attributes and extensive move sets. "WWE WrestleMania XIX" includes several new game modes, including Tutorial, ShopZone, and story-driven Revenge mode.
Counting the unlockable Revenge Mode bosses, there are 65 characters in the game.
- Single-player story mode: play in an all-new story mode and battle through 30 missions as you get revenge on Vince McMahon for throwing you out of the WWE
- New gameplay system: all-new countering mechanisms and expanded move sets including strong and weak grapples
- All new Superstars attributes: All Superstars will share their real-life abilities based on strength, power, and speed. Each Superstar will have different ratings across three different attributes that will affect their in-ring performance.
- All new location-specific damage: Target your opponents' legs and arms and head and make them submit. New animations will sell the pain and showcase the damage.
- New environments: battle through unique environments including a shopping mall, constructions site, and a shipping port
- Deeper create-a-Superstar mode
- Updated roster: featuring the high-flying antics of Rey Mysterio, the legendary Shawn Michaels, and the genetic freak Scott Steiner
- Blood: at the fans' request, WrestleMania XIX will be the first next generation WWE game featuring blood
- Superstar models: brand new life-like models for each and every Superstar