WWE 2K MyCareer Developer, Ramelle Ballesca, gives his expert advices to learn the most effective ways to advance in WWE 2K17 MyCareer mode:
This year, MyCareer puts a focus on your WWE Superstar becoming the complete package and that’s what drives success. Just like last year, popularity drives how high you move up the Title Rankings. However, new to this year, there are multiple factors that contribute to your popularity going up or down. You need to do a little bit of everything to be the best WWE Superstar on the roster. With that said here are some tips on driving your popularity up:
- In order to go up the Title Rankings you need to get your popularity as high as possible.
- How much popularity you gain or lose per show is based on the Excitement Multiplier. This is how much buzz you are creating with the WWE Universe. Keeping this “Hot” and at a high value will ensure the highest popularity gain. Do not let your Excitement Multiplier slip to “Cold” or a negative value. You’ll start losing popularity.
- Putting on good promos raises your Excitement Multiplier. This means when you do a promo, that the promo bar is full. The color does not matter as any strong reaction, positive or negative, is a good reaction.
- Changing your T-Shirt often raises your Excitement Multiplier. Part of being a WWE Superstar is selling cool merchandise. Don’t let your T-Shirt designs go stale for too long. Change it up.
- String together a series of high-rated matches. Average match rating is important to Excitement Multiplier. Do not put on a string of bad matches or you’ll start to go “Cold” with the WWE Universe.
- Change your move-set, abilities and skills every few months. You have to show the WWE Universe that you’re not the same boring WWE Superstar week after week. Equip and try out some new abilities and skills to make you stand out. Changing your move-set is equally important. The higher the grade of a move, the more it is going to contribute to your Match Rating. So change your move-set often with high-grade moves and moves tagged with Exciting Moment, as those are the most powerful.
- Win at run-ins. This means being the last man standing during a pre-match or post-match run-in. For mid-match run-in make sure the WWE Superstar you are supporting wins the match.
- Do not quit out of anything. You will lose any scoring or rewards potentially gained from a match, promo, or run-in.
Thanks to: WWE 2K Dev