Several improvements have been made to the Multiplayer aspect of the game, not only to address match latency issues and the reliability of the servers, but also introducing the possibility to use the Match Creator and Created Arenas in online matches, more freedom with downloaded content, a "Fair Fight" option and more.
Directly from the words of the Creative Director of WWE '13 Cory Ledesma, here are the improvements that have been made to WWE '13 Online:
- Improved Community Creations server performance
- General latency improvements for better gameplay performance and responsiveness
- Fair Fight option and leaderboard. "Fair Fight" allows you to play against other players using only the default Superstars (no modifications to attributes or move-sets). This is an option you can turn on when searching for matches. This new feature offers the most fair matches and accurate leaderboards the game has ever seen.
- Added the option to add A.I. participants to Online Matches. Great when you’re having difficulty filling the last couple of slots in 4-6 man matches.
- Ability to upload and download created content that contains DLC as long as you’ve purchased Fan Axxess.
- Created Arenas can now be used in Online Matches
- Match Creator can now be used to create Online Match Types
- Improved content sharing. Fewer restrictions on how people can edit and manage content they’ve downloaded from Community Creations. All content can now be fully edited offline after downloading.
- No longer need to upload created content onto the Community Creations server before playing online matches with created content.