- Game Series WWE GamesWWE Main Series
- Release Date November 13, 2007
- Platforms PlayStation 3Xbox 360PlayStation 2PSPNintendo WiiNintendo DSMobile
- Publisher THQ
- Developer Yuke's
HOW WILL YOU PLAY?
WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008 (also shortened to SVR 2008) is a wrestling video game developed by Yuke's and released by THQ on the PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation Portable, and Nintendo DS video game consoles.
The game is the ninth edition of the long-running WWE SmackDown vs. Raw (later renamed to simply WWE) video game series. It is the sequel to WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2007, succeeded by WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 in 2008.
It is the first WWE game to include the promotion's ECW brand.
It is also the first WWE game to be available for all seventh-generation video game consoles. Amaze Entertainment oversaw development for the Nintendo DS version.
The game features an overall roster of 57 playable wrestlers.
WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008 lets players develop the WWE Superstar of today into the Legends of tomorrow. The #1 wrestling franchise in the world delivers more depth and strategy with prominent new features such as 8 Superstar Fighting Styles; All-new Struggle/Submission system; WWE 24/7 mode and ECW invasion. It’s time to live the life of a Superstar. How will you play?
The life of a WWE Superstar isn't always pretty. ECW invades WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 with a variety of Superstars, arenas and weapons. Combining the popular Season and General Manager Modes from previous Smackdown vs. Raw games, WWE 24/7 Mode embraces the intensity of the Superstar lifestyle. Multiple character developement options, stat tracking and career goals will guide players toward the ultimate achievement of becoming a Legend.
- Superstar Fighting Styles: With eight Superstar Fighting Styles to choose from, playing WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 will never be the same. Each fighting style has its own unique strategy with exclusive moves, abilities, attributes and more. Take the fight into your own hands and feel the power of the Superstars.
- Struggle Submission System: The new Struggle Submission System gives players intuitive and natural control over their WWE Superstars using the analog sticks. Realism and strategy are at the forefront, as players can now control the amount of pressure they apply.
- Giving Fans What They Want: WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 offers numerous updates, including new rosters, more enviornmental hotspots, improved out-of-ring action, enhanced online community support and much more!
WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008: Screenshots